Stock 2v shortblock, pretty impressive

Well i just installed my VT stage 2 blower cams, with my current set up, KB1.7 on 11psi, and got the car tuned and dyno'd

515hp 502tq on a mustang dyno

The car is makin this power on the stock rods, pistons, and heads....I'm impressed

• Sponsors (?)

Actually you have that backwards, mustang dyno's put more of a real live load on the car and result in low numbers, dynojets are an inertia dyno and tend to produce higher numbers, the car has been runnin 470rwhp for over 3 yrs now and have over 150 passes at the track, several bein in the 11 second range....Just want to say with a good tune have a lil faith in your motor

Yea throw it on a dyno jet. Mustang dynos can be very screwy....if they enter the cars weight wrong, that can throw the #s off.

Never look at mustang dyno #s for comparing to other cars....those are basically for tuning, which they are very usefull for :)
Only reason I say this/question the #s is that there are guys with fully built 2Vs, with heads and cams, and the 14 # pulley and they cant even hit teh 500RWHP mark. The 1.7 just runs out of steam...so hard to see how yours is doing it so easily with 3 less PSI, and on a dyno thats "supposed" to read 20-40RWHP lower than dyno jets.
I believe you got teh #s you did though....just that you need to get it to a dyno jet so you can be a dyno queen and truely compare #s :D

Anywho...you DID get those #s so ill just give you the benefit of the doubt for now and say CONGRATS! AWSOME POWER! Oh and you have a dyno graph?

Actually you have that backwards, mustang dyno's put more of a real live load on the car and result in low numbers, dynojets are an inertia dyno and tend to produce higher numbers, the car has been runnin 470rwhp for over 3 yrs now and have over 150 passes at the track, several bein in the 11 second range....Just want to say with a good tune have a lil faith in your motor

You are one of the few successfully making >500 whp with a stock bottom end 99-04. I know it can be done with a good fuel supply and a good tune. Congrats.

But the thing I find strange is that you have 150 passes at 470 rwhp, and only several passes in the 11's? At that power level, you should be running 11's even with 2 second 60' times.

I think if his AFR is nice and rich, it'll last a while. Some people get lucky others don't.

I doubt that even. At that power level I don't think detonation will be the only culprit for engine failure. The rods/pistons are going to be under a ton of stress and are just ticking time bombs regardless of how well it's tuned.

I doubt that even. At that power level I don't think detonation will be the only culprit for engine failure. The rods/pistons are going to be under a ton of stress and are just ticking time bombs regardless of how well it's tuned.

There have been stock 2v blocks hitting 600WHP. There are very few of them, but they are out there. Sure, he's taking a gamble, but if you have the money, who cares?

If I had the money I probably wouldn't care either BUT then again I'd also probably have already invested in a forged rotating assembly too. Any links to these stock blocked 600HP beasts or do you just mean the block itself? I have never heard of the stock internals handling that kind of power without throwing in the towel...the block on the other hand can handle plenty of power.