Stock rear gear?

• Sponsors (?)

cleveland said:
This was discussed many months ago on another forum. What I remember is that 3.90s was the ideal gear for the automatic and 4.10s was the ideal for manuals.

Stall speed is based on where you are making your power, if you want a "less streetable" driving experience increase that speed. I'll eventually do this but its probably going to be something more than 3200rpm.

-Dan
Thanks

Does anyone know the stock stall speed on a `06 GT

RICVA05 said:
Unless you know something different all manuel 05's and 06's have 3:55 gears and the auto has 3:31 gears.

how bout the fact i just put 3.73 gears in it and 3.31 gears came out of it ?

thats prety undeniable so not all 5 speeds come with 3.55 gears

1fastz said:
how bout the fact i just put 3.73 gears in it and 3.31 gears came out of it ?

thats prety undeniable so not all 5 speeds come with 3.55 gears

It sounds like someone had already swapped rear-ends in your car before you ever got it...

According to Ford - there is no option in rear end gearing for eithet the 05 or 06 models. With the automatic you get 3.31. With the 5 speed, you get 3.55. There are no options from the factory that will get you gearing different from that. Now what the dealer does with the car after the factory builds it is another matter entirely.

To anyone who has put 3.73 gears in their 05 manual: what kind of difference did it make, not just performance-wise, but in daily driving? I wouldn't mind something to increase SOTP feel, but not at the sacrifice of good easy casual driving. I like the fact that I can stay in first gear while driving through a parking lot or apartment complex..I wouldn't want a change that would make 1st gear less useful for daily driving applications. Thanks for any input..

Big-Foot said:
It sounds like someone had already swapped rear-ends in your car before you ever got it... .

my car had FOUR miles on it when i got it :)

and to be honest if the car has 3.55 in it go to a 4.10 at least you will not realy even notice a 1 step up in gear hardly.

i just notice mine and i went up two steps.

it is very possiblye my car got a auto rear end as when it was first delivered by ford it had a dam v-6 rear bumper too.. and had to have the v8 one installed by the dealer.

1fastz said:

and to be honest if the car has 3.55 in it go to a 4.10 at least you will not realy even notice a 1 step up in gear hardly.

it is very possiblye my car got a auto rear end as when it was first delivered by ford it had a dam v-6 rear bumper too.. and had to have the v8 one installed by the dealer.

Wow... If I were you - I would demand to see every work order ever written up for your car's VIN...

Have you counted spark plugs yet?

Something is REAL screwey here....
:shrug:

1fastz said:

1 step 2 step...what the heck. You're guaging it based on how it feels????
:lol: :rlaugh:

How do you know for sure 3.31's came out? Did you count the teeth on the ring gear & the teeth on the pinion? If so, post the number of teeth on both gears and your formula. Mabe you should second guess your methods instead of the gears.

You sure you got 4.10's? Maybe you got 3.73's and the box only says 4.10's on it. If they could have gotten it wrong on your car they could have just as easily gotten it wrong when they packed the 4.10's.

:bang:

i knwo for sure 3.31 came out becuase i took them out .. did i NOT make that clear enough ?

that I PUT 3.73's in the car

dont second guess me .. i have 12 years exp with mustangs specificly and have been a tech in ford performance shops for over 10 and im a ase certified mechanic.

I am also a partner at the shop I work at

maybee you have heard of us ?

www.murillomotorsports.com