Strange Noise, Suggestions

BLKsteeda

Jul 12, 2004
Anywhere
I have a noise coming from the front right of my car only when I turn the steering wheel to the right. It sounds almost like a squeaking/screetching sound that is fairly noticible. It almost sounds like the tires rubbing on the pavement when the wheel is turned but it's not. It does it while I'm moving or sitting still and again it only does it when I turn the wheel to the right...to the left, nothing. Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

I had the car looked at this morning and aparently it's not the tie rod. The technician said what I was hearing was my BALD front right tire on the pavement. From the center of the tire in, I have no tread at all. When the car was in the air, the sound went away when the wheel was turned...he looked at the front and said everything looked good and tight.

same thing happened to mine i would jack it up and not niose becuase theres no pressure on it, my tie rod is perfectly tight no whear in it at all, it just needed some grease, swich you tires aroud see if it stops

I have a new set of wheels and tires and I'll see what happens, I did get my ear right down next to the tire as well and had my friend turn the wheel...definitely sounds like that's what's causing it

I second guessed the tire shop diagnosis of it being my bald tires squeaking on the pavement when I parked it in the dirt and it still made the noise. Took it to Steeda and found out that my Tie Rod ends and Rack Bushings are shot. They said it's fine to drive on until I get my wheels in from American Muscle for they would have to do an alignment when they replace the parts anyway, no sense on doing it with the currrent shot tires that are on my car.