Strange suspenion noise, or so i believe

deftsound

Please ask me how much my supercharger cost
Apr 6, 2004
Texas City TX
Well i just started noticing this last week. Every time i shut my doors i hear this strange rattling or springy noise. I also hear it every time i hit a bump or rough piece of road, which is why i assumed it was a suspension issue. Its not real loud, but its noticable. It sounds almost like a bunch of little metal sticks vibrating togethor, i dont know how to describe it. Its just a high pitched 'springy' sound...Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

i had this rattling problem once in my GT, it turned out to be one of the bolt/clips for the front fender (it sits on the lip where the hood closes)

*Edit* try to shake the front end around so you can get a better idea where the sound is comming from.

ok ill check that out, i know its somthing simple and i wish i could be more descriptive but its hard to identify exactly where. At my best guess it sounds like its coming from the drive side fenderwell.

ron, i've had that problem before... took me over a week to figure out thats what was going on :)

to help diagnose, push horizontally on the front and rear quarter panel, forcing the suspension to resist body roll... see if you can recreate it/pinpoint it... also, if you can do it that way, crawl under the car (or into the trunk/engine bay) and listen for it as someone else pushes.

Torinalth