Strange...

Cool Wheels

Jan 26, 2004
Nelson, BC, Canada
Just noticed with the new 225/60/r15's on that the clearance between my tire and fender well is offset differently on each side.

I have about 2.5 inches between the well and tire on the passenger side and only a little over an inch on the driver side. So rub issues on the driver side definately with those tires (they came already on). Need to go lower profile anyway.

But still... :confused:

Is this offset thing normal? Didn't notice with my old rims cause there was lots of room.

I'm starting to think of dark and scary things, like are there any length differences between control arms based on year? I did change one out a long time back. I double checked to make sure my spacers are on both sides. Everything is tight. Body panels appear to be aligned. Don't know what the ..........?

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks man. That cheers me up a bit.

Tell me about eyeball factory work. I had to take the wheels off and put the old ones back on. :damnit: There's a bit of a rub between the upper baljoint and the inner wheel. It only appears when there is force on the front end. But it's slight enough that I can just grind off some of the bj mount without structural issues. But the other side clears that spot fine.

The main reason I took the tires off is the rub on the driver side (the opposite side as the above said rub :rolleyes: ). My teeth were grinding as I painfully eased it down the hill on the road test. All the kids getting off the school bus thought it was kinda funny (today was a regular day up north - no holiday). Can't drive it until I get some 225/50's. :doh:

And to top off this nice little cheesecake, my brake pad just started chattering around in a really annoying way AND I noticed that my boot on that caliper has separated a little bit, allowing dust in for who knows how long. I hope I'm not looking at a slightly seized caliper. I just bought the crap part 2 years ago :mad:

AND as the thunderstorm brewed overhead (literally) I noticed that my water pump leak has increased to levels unsafe for pets. Good thing for the absorbtive qualities of cardboard until the next weekend. Yeeeha! I need a beer man!