street/track rear setup..

bl0wn02gt

Dec 26, 2005
NJ
so ive been lookin for awhile at different rear end setups and i was lookin for some opinions. im lookin to put 3.90s into my 02 but im afraid that runnin with slicks at the track will end up ripping my rear apart. would 31 splines and a locker rear be the best bang for the buck yet allow me to drive the streets without a problem?? all i really want to do is be able to run the car maybe once a month at the track and not have to worry about the rear..thanks

02 GT
Procharged @ 10 psi
42# injectors
NGK plugs
75mm TB
intake plenum
Flowmasters with h pipe

• Sponsors (?)

Can't go wrong with a centrifugal and a set of 4.10's. Like everyone says here, "don't fear the gear." Swapping to 3.73's weren't that big a difference to me, and I think you'll be dissapointed if you don't go 4.10's.

If you were Kenne Belle or Eaton, I'd recommend differently.

Sorry.. :OT:

great thanks guys..but my main concern is can i run 4.10s in the stock rear end and not hafta worry about breakin an axle or something in the rear?? (esp with the centri and slicks)

bl0wn02gt said:
what will this help with? i dont want to get too crazy with the rear i just want to be able to run it here and there without breaking an axle
welding the torque boxes isn't really a "performance" mod, its more or less a "better safe than sorry" mod that comes into play when you're making higher power numbers. here, read this and decide if its something you want to do. if you decide welding the torque boxes isnt something you're worried about, i still recommend welding the axle tubes.

http://www.modulardepot.com/?show=articlesdet&aid=14