Stroker motor question

chobracobra

Jun 29, 2004
jersey shore
I got a deal on a brand new 347 rotating assebly a whiles back. The question is, besides block modifications, what else should i consider? basically the way im looking at it; Increasing the displacement with the my parts will be restricing potential power but at least i have a foundation to continue my quest for more horsepower. Also what about the cam? Longer stroke= different cam specs, right? my parts are in the sig. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

" Increasing the displacement with my parts will be restricing potential power but at least i have a foundation to continue my quest for more horsepower "

im in the same boat. i got another block already, but not the rotating assembly yet. still undecided what route to go myself. im either going 306 or 347. if i do the 347 im going to save up for better heads. if i go the 306 route i will use the money saved from the 347 kit to work my heads. its either 306 + boost, or 347 with spray :shrug:

jjd975 said:
Your current heads, cam and intake are all small for a 347. You can use them but dont expect great numbers.

how much of a gain would be expected? at least if its a gain, its a good foundation as mentioned above. does anyone know what kind of number the 351 with the gt40's put down powerwise? :shrug:

It is very possible you will hit 300rwhp...don't worry about it anyways. You will be quicker and it is easier to add on top of like your plans are...so good luck with it!