Stumble/PCV questions

slowcobra24

Sep 13, 2009
Hey guys,

I just got an 03 Cobra with high mileage. Anyway, it's got aftermarket exhaust(high flow cats with xpipe and mufflers), CAI, and quick shifter.

I'm having a few problems. The first is a slight stumble/miss when under load. Regular driving I have no problems, but start pushing down the pedal, and it starts sputtering(especially above 3k rpm)...I believe it is either the MAF or the fuel pressure sensor. I cleaned the MAF and no difference.

Another is, does anyone have any pictures of the factory pvc lines? The p/o cut the two lines and has them just tied off and leaking oil from under the motor. Where are these supposed to go? Also, after a hard run, it noticed quite a bit of smoke coming out of these. Is this normal?

Another noob question, the clutch is way at the bottom and he said it was only about a year old with less than 20k miles...It is moderately hard to shift, and start from a standstill. Plus, when I go WOT from 1st through 4th gear, it's like it doesn't want to do it. It pulls fine through first, push in clutch, shift, let out, hit gas. Nothing for a split second, then it grabs and jerks you back. Should it do this? If I slow down the shifting alot and ease through the gears while accelerating, it does fine, but I like to shift quickly as not to waste time/speed lol...

thanks in advance and sorry for the noob questions...I have tried searching/looking at pictures for 2 days and can't figure it out.

• Sponsors (?)

On the clutch, the reason it is difficult to take off with could be because the clutch is rated to hold more torque. And it doesn't engage as easy as a stocker.

Your shifting problem could be because the clutch is out of adjustment. Have you tried taking your toe and pulling up on the clutch pedal, then pushing it all the way in? Thats how the stock adjuster works.
But an aftermarket adjustable clutch cable will help you change where the clutch engages.