Sub frame connector Question

I've got these steeda's which are great and the car never twists, good buy for the money.

Attachments

• subframeconnectors.jpg
    subframeconnectors.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Sponsors (?)

SilverBullet00 said:
I tried to put underbody coating on the welds to preserve them from rust... didnt work too well, what do you guys use?

High temp engine paint.

I have Kenny Brown Super Subs which I bought to replace my flimsy stock pieces. The car felt tighter after the install so I'm happy - had the same subframes on my previous 2 cars and they did their job well. If given the chance for a free swap to full length I go for it, but otherwise I won't be changing them out now.

rebelleader said:
Doesnt having a coated SFC make welding it impossible? Wouldn't you have to grind off the PowderCoat, then weld, then re-seal with something else?

True, but you only grind off the areas where the welds are to go (obviously). Those areas get repainted by spray paint, but the powdercoated areas are still intact. The powdercoating process is much more durable than if you were to get non-powdercoated ones then try to spray paint the entire SFC after it's welded up.

Spend the extra money, you'll thank us later.

Talked to alot of people who drag race regularly and SFC's don't really make your time faster but more consistant and reliable! One guy claimed that his car went from running within .2 thens off to .02 hundreds when adding full length subs and lca'a and uca's! Consistancy is what you want durring bracket racing!

"ED"