Sub Wiring help

SonicGT

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2002
Ypsilanti, MI.
I have a Kenwood Kac-PS500F 4 ch amp and 2 Polk/Momo 12 inch subs in a dual 12 inch sealed sub enclosure, how should i wire the subs to the amp,Should i Bridge the front channel to one sub and bridge the rear channel to the other and run the amp in mono, or just use the rear two channels. any help or other options will be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

SonicGT, What are the specs for the subs as far as watts RMS? What are the ohms and are they single or dual voice coil? Are they in separate compartments in the box? And what are the specs of the amp? When it is bridged to 2 channels, each channel can be used only to 4 ohms minimum. A 2 ohm load on a bridged channel is a sure-fire way for your amp to either fail or go into a protection mode, if it has one. The more you crank it up, the sooner that will happen, so these questions must be answered.

The subs are 4 ohm subs with 400 watts RMS and 800 watts max, single voice coil. Their in a sealed dual enclosure with seperate sealed chambers for each sub.the amp is a 2/3/4 channel amp, 4 channel mode is 150 watts x4 at 4 ohms, 3 channel mode is 150 watts x 2, 600 watts x 1 at 4 ohms, and in 2 channel mode it is 600 watts x 2 at 4 ohms.

You're fine. Since they're 4 ohm SVC's, you don't risk burning up the amp by running too low of a load on it. Oh, by the way, it's rated at 300x2 RMS, the 600x2 is the max. Just so you know for future reference.
Bill