suggestions on tranny ?

93cobra12

Nov 21, 2003
Seatte, WA
my car has a 331 with a s trim on it w/ a stock tranny.. I have the money to buy a brand new tranny so now im just doing research.. Im leaning more towards G force but its going to cost around 1800 just for the GEARS !! I could get a brand new tranny and not have to rebuild my old T-5 .. I really like the way t-5 shift, plus i dont want to have to replace my flywheel, clutch, u joints to put in a tranny, unless its cheaper then the g force rebuild.. What do you guys suggest?

Are there any other tranny's that I should look into? thanks ya'll

• Sponsors (?)

I saw that earlier, but u always have good stuff an bad stuff to hear about companies.. Hows that t56 ?? does it shift nice?

im looking to spend about 2200 on a tranny with the bellhousing, new pressure plate an so on.. u think i should look into tko 's ?? do they shift nice, i want something with a nice shift pattern, nothing clunky !

I vote go with Tremec...TKO would be my choice for your setup...you will have to get a new bell housing, new clutch and a yoke for the drive shaft...but with that much power you will need a new clutch and with a good new clutch you will need a good bell housing unless you want sheers of metal piercing your shins and what not when the clutch explodes...better safe than sorry...

I already have a hayes aluminum flywheel and a centerforce dual friction clutch, im assuming these dont work.. I most definetly need a bellhousing like you said.. The only thing is, I dont want to spend more money then if I would have gotten the G-force, plus the gears are much stronger, and I heard the TKO's dont shift nice..