SUMITOMO HTRZ II'S FOR THE REAR?

2002BLKGT

Founding Member
Jan 17, 2002
Florida
I've decided to buy the AFS 17x9 / 17x10.5 Chrome 03 Cobra wheels soon.
View attachment 525955
I plan to use two of my Dayton Daytona ZR's for the fronts, but was wondering, if these Sumitomos are good for the rear.

su_htr_z.jpg

These are Size: 315/35ZR17 Blackwall
ZR Speed Rated Price: $153
Estimated Availability: In Stock

The next price up, are:
Kuhmo VictoRacerv700 for 175.00 a piece, no warranty
Kuhmo Ecsta v700 for 182.00 a piece, no warranty
Dunlop SP Sport 8000 $236.00 with warranty
BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KD $249.00 with warranty

Obviously, I'm trying to save money here so what do you guys recommend? Should I spend the extra cash for the BFGoodrich G-Force? Or will the Sumitomoz suffice?

• Sponsors (?)

i don't think that is the right tire in the pic. if i remember correctly the htrz II's have a different tread pattern :shrug: nick correct me if i'm wrong please. but as for my .02.......315/35 nittos :D & they arent that much more expensive, around 150ish :nice:

c2see21 said:
i don't think that is the right tire in the pic. if i remember correctly the htrz II's have a different tread pattern :shrug: nick correct me if i'm wrong please. but as for my .02.......315/35 nittos :D & they arent that much more expensive, around 150ish :nice:

You're right, that is the wrong tire in the pic. I have a set of 275/40/17 HTRZ II's on ym car right now. They grip pretty damn good. They're almost as soft as Nitto's. The Nitto's have a treadwear of 100 and the Sumitomos have a treadwear of 200. To put it kind of into perspective, Kuhmo 712's have a treadwear of 280, and the stock Goodyears are 300.

c2see21 said:

As someone else already stated, the tread pattern is not like the one in the pic. And mine actually hook decently for 18's.

The HTR-Z2's aren't made in a 315. That's why I got the HTR-Z's in 275/315 F/R. I like them SO much better than the uber-expensive Dunlop SP8000's they replaced. Wet and dry traction are both better, the car is quieter, and there is less tracking even though I now have wider front tires.

I ran the HTRZ-II's on my car as you can see form my sig. They weren't expensive at all, so i didn't expect too much from them. BUt they were exceptionally good. GREAT in wet weather and great grip on corners and traction off the line isn't amazing, but very good. Just like all tires, they weren't as good in cold weather, but sticky when its hot.
- Got a 2.2 60' with them first time ever at the track and thats without even warming them up. If i remember coorectly, Jackie Chan cuts 1.9's with them by warming them up at the track.
-Buy them, enjoy the traction, enjoy the cheap price, and enjoy the long treadlife hehe :nice: