Supercharger or turbo?

• Sponsors (?)

It depends what you want: If you want a car that has instant power then a bell is right for you, it you want a car that builds boost as the rpms go up then you want a centrifugal, if you want a stock driving car but with full time nos switch then you want to go with a turbo system, this will be a little more difficult to tune, but you will make more power and torque with the turbo, this is my favorite because it sounds awesome at full boost and when it kicks in it hits hard. The safe side would be a supercharger they have longer warranties and are a little bit cheaper, but my 2 cent is to go put some turbos on that baby!

mineralgray01gt said:
Thanks for the replies! Im starting to lean towards the k/b @ 14 psi :banana: but if I was to go turbo, which ones to use?
If running 14psi is your goal, I'd consider the 2.2L over the 1.7L. 14psi will put the 1.7L right at the edge of its efficiency range and tremendous amounts of heat along with the need to run race gas all of the time will be the end result.

mineralgray01gt said:
I need some opinions on this. I dont know if to go with a supercharger or turbo. If I go with a turbo it will be twin turbo for sure. Im looking at a Kenne Bell twin screw supercharger right now. Any help would be appreciated.

1. Turbo's are made for Honda's, Mitsubishi's, and Acura's ;) . Real men stick with S/C's :lol:

2. Not too many turbo kits are out there for our 4.6's. The only one I can think of is the mongoose kit from MPH. And that kit is DAMN expensive. Your going to have turbo lag if the the turbo's are big. With a KB, the power is always there. Go with a S/c ....just my 2 cents