supercharging a 2002 autp gt?

Cars that come equiped with s/c from the factory have other work done to them besides just throwing one on. There is a lot of programing and prep to be done to prepare a car for a s/c.
Can an auto have a s/c and run well... YES
Can an auto have a s/c and run poor... YES
Can a 5 Speed have the same results... YES
In all honesty, 5 speed or auto, there is more to s/c'ing then just throwing one on. If you have a good shop prep and tune your car for the s/c then yes you can get very good results. The shop I go to, their race car is an auto. I have nothing against auto's with a s/c, as Ive stated before, but there are posts in this thread with talk of 15+ psi. He is going to need to do some work to that engine, tranny, and rear end for the power that will be coming out with 15+psi. You guys are on here like go bigger, go bigger. If he goes that big or bigger hes going to be without a car soon.
Whatever lol, Im out of this thread, its apparent since I have had different experiences with autos than you guys have, my opinion isnt welcome.
Best of luck with whatever you decide to do man :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Stanglou don't get your panties all in a wad the problem isn't what you said, it's that you keep using the word opinion, let me see if I can help you out.

opinion example

1) potato chips are to salty = OK
2) automatic cars pose different problems and can be more difficult to supercharge. and list some experiences = OK

stupidity example

1) marshmallows are to crunchy = not smart
2) "when you slam the gas, the car pulls hard through 1st, then shifts to 2nd for a split second, then hits drive" = not smart

His car is a 2002 and does not shift as you described and remember it's his car we are talking about. :D

HOPE THIS HELPS

I have to agree with DBMSTNG here. I have a 1999 Gt auto with a vortech and I don't have any of the shifting "problems" StangLou is talking about. I also have 4.10 gears so I don't quite make it to 90 mph in second, but it still holds out second gear until 6000 rpm. I've seen full boost (10 psi) in first, second and drive. As far as the aftermarket torque converter is concerned, its biggest effect is going to be felt when launching not shifting downtrack.

Troy

OK OK NOW. Well i have made my dissiosion on the supercharger from what you guys are saying mainly is KB or Vortec?? well when i have the supercharger installed i am gonna want some new gears because i know that gears i am running are way to high to get out of the hole the way i want to. what gear should i go with??? and how many pounds of bost on the supercharger. if i want around 400 wrhp. and dont wanna kill my car up, so what am i gonna have to change or add.. please help i am really interested i have almost 1000 bucks saved up to finance one! when i turn 18 in a month! thanks guys

rd02gt said:
OK OK NOW. Well i have made my dissiosion on the supercharger from what you guys are saying mainly is KB or Vortec?? well when i have the supercharger installed i am gonna want some new gears because i know that gears i am running are way to high to get out of the hole the way i want to. what gear should i go with??? and how many pounds of bost on the supercharger. if i want around 400 wrhp. and dont wanna kill my car up, so what am i gonna have to change or add.. please help i am really interested i have almost 1000 bucks saved up to finance one! when i turn 18 in a month! thanks guys

u can prob. run the stock gears w/ the KB blower or maybe 3.73s (might consider some DRs then). if u run the 9psi pulley and get a good tune u should be right around 400hp.

Ok so dont finacne, but will ford install on to keep my warrenty or am i gonna have to ditch that to? because i want my warrenty if possible but i want the supercharger and things to... anyone had there stuff installed from ford and would i get to pick the kind of supercharger? thanks!