Supply and Demand

trackdog

Dec 24, 2004
Gloucester MA
I am planning on buying an 05 GT in the next 6 months. What is your best guestimate as to when supply and demand will equalize? Not a hugh surplus, but a few GT's on the lot to choose from or a predictable order and delivery timeline.
I'm new to this forum, but have been following the posts for a few weeks and am impressed with the collective knowledge. Any thoughts?

TRACKDOG

• Sponsors (?)

Depends what you want. I would say once this IUP issue is resolved and the hotter weather comes it will turn around. I would say springtime. Can't be too much later than that because the new 06 model year will be fast approaching.

I'm begining to wonder exactly where all the cars are, if as many are being produce as some here have claimed and calculated. As I see it, the demand can seemingly only increase (dramatically) in the spring for several reasons. First, I would think lots of less informed buyers (non enthusiast types that aren't fully aware of current delays and reasons ) who are residing on the East coast snowbelt states, might wait until March before even placing orders. Surely too, the markup over MSRP is also causing many others to wait for better deals...and rightly so. I don't think the dealers are doing Ford any favors by this action either, likely causing many potential buyers to look elsewhere.

The thing I find a bit odd too, is that there doesn't even appear to be what could be called a glut of V6's on the lots most places....and, most owners report seeing few if any other '05's of any type on the road in the areas they live in. So, unless Ford has a stockpile of Stangs "in waiting" in expectation of the market giving in to inflated dealer prices, or speeds up production significantly after the New Year, it would seem that potential springtime demand will only make matters worse.