Suspension help wanted

• Sponsors (?)

Attachments

• DSCF3715.JPG
    DSCF3715.JPG
    791.2 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: 1 user
It has the same amount as before it was lowered....not hitting bump stops or any other bad sounds.....I was just referring to how stiffly sprung the cars are...and this causing little travel.
The car isn't "stiffly sprung".
You chose the worst spring you can buy, of course it rides like crap.
I believe on page one i said that, yet you did it anyway...

• Agree
The car isn't "stiffly sprung".
You chose the worst spring you can buy, of course it rides like crap.
I believe on page one i said that, yet you did it anyway...
I never said it rode like crap in fact I said the rate on the sportlines seems very close to stock.....I'm happy w them.
We can agree to disagree on whether Mustangs are stiffly sprung or not.

Tail happy?
Judging by the condition of those rear tires I can see how 200 HP's is hard to control.....Get some new tires man!!!
THE biggest improvement in handling is a good tire.

Edit:What size tire are you running,those things look massive,even on a 16" wheel.

It was tail happy w the stock rear control arms. The MM arms have cured that situation. The tires are 245/50's all around and they have plenty of tread. I'm very happy w the sportlines.....why so many people here hate them I don't understand.

I got sportlines. I like them a lot more than stock springs. Huge handling improvements, much stiffer than a 30yr old worn out stock spring. Stock front struts so ride is terrible, but i care not about ride as i just drift it. I cruise it too and its good, just dont hit a pothole or bump b/c you might die. Like when the car breaks in half. Lolol.

I have to disagree about sportlines being stiffer than stock. I saw a chart of spring rates while doing spring research, and the sportlines were very close to stock rates, my butt tells me they are too. There are some speed bumps in the road on a regular drive I do and these were my test bumps. I carefully observed what the car did stock while going over these and afterwards w the sportlines, the experience is very much the same.

I just want to update this thread, after putting many more miles on the car. I still like the sportlines, still think their rate is very close to the stock springs. The other suspension mods have made the car handle much better and drive more precisely. The rearend works so much better, it isn't tail happy anymore, and when it does break loose it goes straight, instead on kicking to one side. It's given me so much more confidence in the car I've spent $ on more power, see my Blueprint head thread. As this is a street car, I haven't had a chance to drive it at the limit and see what it does, would like to know for curiosity's sake, and if I ever do get in an emergency situation would like to know what to expect. Need to find a big empty parking lot, next time it rains and go play.