Suspension Problem

DDSTANG94

Dec 9, 2006
FRASER, MICHIGAN
When I drive over a ruff or bumpy road my rear end bounces up, and is all over the road. It hopp's up even more when accelerating, The tires wont keep contact with the road. What part of the rear suspension is the problem, shocks, spring, or is the control arms. Have any of you guys had this problem? How do you fix it? I'm thinking control arms will fix it becuse it seems like wheel hop, but I'm not sure. Maybe it needs new shocks?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I'd have to say its probably both your control arm bushings and your shocks. If you're also getting wheel hop, then the quad shocks are probably also shot, but a good set of control arms will eliminate the need for these. I put a set of Tokico HP shocks on mine in the fall and they seem to have made a huge difference in smoothing-out the bumps and they weren't expensive by any means.

i think it could be all those things, the springs decide how bumpy the ride is the shocks reduce the bumpyness, control arms bushings control movement but if they are old they will decay and create alot of movement if you dont want a bumpy ride dont get polyurathane bushing and stiff springs