SVO or 5.0?

I sold my pristine 85.5 last year (sold it to pay off some debt). Miss that thing--had 17.5k miles and was like new. That thing would run circles around my current '87 5.0 on a twisty road, and the power from a turbomotor built 25 years ago is actually impressive. Not much down low torque wise, but at speed the stock turbo has some nice pull.

If you you decide to go for one, find one in good shape and complete. Buying an SVO "fixer" is a mistake as parts (like side markers) unique to the car are hard to find and expensive. There is also issues unique to the car--check out the SVOCA forum and you can learn pretty much all there is to know. Very supportive group.

• Sponsors (?)

and ive herd they have real good suspension.

Indeed (for the time they were made): 4 link (Quadrashock) rear, Koni adjustable shocks and struts from the factory and nice variable rate springs. Mine had the original Konis and they were awesome. Replacing them is pricey however, and on many cars you'll find will have lesser replacements on them.

It's the weight distribution that makes them so toss able--a stark difference from a 5 liter car.

If I'm not mistaken, John Huber is running a stock block. Think about that....1000+ hp out of a stock engine block. Just feed it the boost and watch it go. Try to do that with a factory 302.

I've got a friend who's been completely infatuated with 2.3's after watching video of Huber...I'm sure if he had the money right now he'd be running around with a killer 2.3 fox.