SVO Wiering harness

MustangPatty

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2002
Sallisaw OK
Well, come to find out that my Alternator is not chargeing, had it tested, was fine, put it back in there with a new regulator, still a no-go, so that leaves the wiering. Now, before I go tearing through the rats nest I have in my car, how hard is it to change the whole harness?? I've got butt conectors EVERYWHERE, wiers that go to nothing, yet have 12v, crappy connections, its gonna take me a month just to re-do it all right.

What cars can I get a harness from, and how hard is it to change?? I'm getting tierd of thumbing through dead ends in this electrical tape nightmare, I'm suprised the thing hasent burned to the ground... :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

Cougar said:
I bet it's the alternator conectors. My SVO had a nice little engine fire because of those wonderful little connectors. You can replace them with ring terminals.
Get rid of the stock alternator and voltage reg. I put a 3g on and love it.The harness is svo specific. You would need a harness from an older Mustang and it would probably be just as crappy. I wound up replacing quite a bit of wiring on my car by hacking off the bad parts and splicing on pigtails I found on NA cars in the junkyard. There is talk on SVOCA.com of a guy working on getting a replacement harness for the SVO. But I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

svoman2300 said:
Get rid of the stock alternator and voltage reg. I put a 3g on and love it.The harness is svo specific. You would need a harness from an older Mustang and it would probably be just as crappy. I wound up replacing quite a bit of wiring on my car by hacking off the bad parts and splicing on pigtails I found on NA cars in the junkyard. There is talk on SVOCA.com of a guy working on getting a replacement harness for the SVO. But I don't think it will happen anytime soon.
I went straight to the 3g and have run it over a year. I was just reccomending a quick alternate solution.