Sway bar woes

Ok, so as most projects with the stang go, things have slightly snowballed.

I installed my UPR Pro series rear LCA's today, then as I went to reinstall the rear sway bar, it wouldn't fit. It appears that the sway bar had snapped by the passenger side rear bolt, and a previous owner had fixed it by welding a 1"x 4" piece of 1/4" steel to one side then drilling and tapping the hole. This worked fine with the stock control arms, but with the new ones, this interferes with the sway bar mounts.

So.

I need a new rear sway bar. I wasn't planning to buy one, so I don't want to spend much $$ (I have money set aside for a mod that I have been looking forward to for a while so I want to minimize the spending on the sway bar). I found an Eibach rear sway bar for $73, which is a great price, but it states that it fits 79-93 mustangs. It is part EIB-3510320R. I am wondering what the difference is between the 94-04 bar and this one. I know the LCA's are the same for fox and SN95, because the UPR LCA's I just put on are designed for 79-04 solid axle mustangs. So what is different about the bar, is it narrower, wider? I don't want to gamble and end up stuck with a sway bar that doesn't fit.

In short, will a fox rear sway bar fit an SN95?

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks guys, I will go ahead and order this Eibach bar.

95stroker- Not really. It rides as good as it did before, and it didn't become bouncy or anything, still handles great. I used an air cutoff wheel to do it, going very slow, only removing about 1/16" to 1/8" deep of the cut each time, then cooling the area with water. It took a while, but I believe this is the only way to do it without affecting the spring rate. I also think that since I only removed 1/2 coil, that allowed it to still ride very well. I think if you were to remove a whole coil it might be a harsh ride, and handling would suffer.

Thanks for the info guys, it saved me about $60-70 :flag: