Switching emblems

Down

Founding Member
Mar 20, 2002
Overland Park, KS
I just saw a post about the ol Cobra emblems on a GT idea. Just kinda curious, I know the popular opinion is that it's...less than acceptable to do that. How about switching the emblems from another GT? Personally, I don't like the side badging on the 95's, and have been trying to come up with an alternative.

What's the popular consensus on sw2apping the 99-02 GT emblems onto a 95?

NOTE- I will do what I think looks best, so that's not why I'm asking, I'm just curious as to peoples thoughts.

J

• Sponsors (?)

I think it looks ok on some. Its either gonna blend in with the cars curves, or its gonna look like you magnified your GT emblem 10 times and slapped it on the side. so :shrug: , put some pics of your car up and that would help out some.

the 99+ emblems are nice....i dont agree with the Cobra emblems cuz its not a Cobra.....why try and fake people into thinking you have a Cobra???....i dont get it....people will underestimate you a little more when they see the GT and then you jump on em....when people see Cobra badges they expect fast....and if it gives all Cobra guys a bad name.....id say stick with either something that says GT (not the 96-98 GT 4.6L badges obviously) 5.0, 302, or something of that sort....my fav badges are the ones RIO has the "302 High Performance" badges....real old school look.....but if you must switch then i say the 99+ GT emblems look fine....

Anthony

huskerpower02 said:
I also see that your in Overland Park. Awsome, pretty close :nice: Lets see some pics so i can tell if i have seen your stang before.

I can almost guarantee you haven't seen this one around. I picked it up from TX about amonth or so ago, and the water pump quickly went out on it. I'm gonna get off my lazy rear and get some pics snapped one of these days.
Here's a pic of my 89 though, what the 95 is replacing-
fcf110ee.jpg

J

Actually, I sold the TW heads, gt40 intake, ProM, inj., and S-Trim off of it with plans to put it back to semi-stock. Sadly, I haven't got around to it, and it still sets in the driveway, stripped to the shortblock.

J

2000 GT emblems on my 95 GT, everyone said they looked great...it isn't ricey either becausse you are not advertising any thing except the general "GT" model, and I like it because it really confuses people on what year car you have!!! :nice:

95.0Stang said:
2000 GT emblems on my 95 GT, everyone said they looked great...it isn't ricey either becausse you are not advertising any thing except the general "GT" model, and I like it because it really confuses people on what year car you have!!! :nice:

Really? Pics maybe?
Also, did the mounting holes line up with the original, or did you have to do some cutting and filling?

Thanks,

J

I just bought some new 99-02 GT emblems for my 94'. When I bought the car it had the Cobra emblems all over it and I hated it. I Don't have a Cobra so I don't want the badges. I will put the GT ones on there after I get car all buffed out. (I had a tire blow out).

Does any one have any picutres of a 94-95 with 99-02 emlbems?

JUST A REMINDER!!!

Get the 99-03 GT EMBLEMS FORM THE REAR DECK LID!!!

They just stick right on! No filling or buffing or smoothing!

Take a hair dryer to the emblem for about 1-2 minutes, and the old emblems pop right off!!! The carefully allign the new emblems with you body lines!!! could't be easier...and it they are a little crooked nobody will probably ever notice be cause they will have nobody to compare it to!!!