Switching Prochamber for H-pipe?

• Sponsors (?)

Actually, the H pipe is louder than the Prochamber.

Mac only sells the legs separately (offroad and catted), not the center sections. Contact the Stangnet store to confirm if that's still the case.

You could always find someone who wants to switch and trade them.

:Word: Been there, done that.

No one would sell my just the H part. Not even Partshopper (or Pro3i or whatever they are called now). They sold me just the catted legs before but I believe they just placed the order with Mac and Mac sent me just the items. When I asked Partshopper about getting just the H section, they said they can't break up the kits. :shrug: I ended up buying a used Mac offroad H pipe from someone local, tried it out, then sold the H pipe for the same price I paid for it. :)

Here's my thread about the Prochamber vs. H...

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=637969

One thing I should add is that the Prochamber went from a rumbling muscle car sound to a smooth vvvrrrooom at about 2000 RPM. From 1800 to 2000, it's sort of raspy. That's where it seemed to switch tones. The H did its transition at 2500 RPM and it was raspier. With my 4.10s, I usually stay around 2000 RPM on the highway. It sucked. Hence, I put the Prochamber back on.

I just wanted to try it for myself for a change, who knows, I may like it better. I figured it would be an easy swap. I love my prochamber, but I know an h will give it a little meaner sound. Anyway, It was a good idea in theory, thanks for the help guys.

The H has a different sound than the Prochamber. More of a deeper tone in my opinion with the H but it is a very subtle difference. Neither one is better than the other soundwise...just different.