T-56?

• Sponsors (?)

I love mine, it seems lots smoother than the t-5 I used to drive.
Gonna do the gears soon and see if i still like it then...lol.... It was a pullout from another car. recieved everything from the flywheel to the yoke. :nice:

I'm running the D&D kit and it's great- the two biggest issues I can think of are the mounting of the crossmember brackets (I had mine welded in but you can bolt it in as well) but they are included in the kit, and due to the fact that the T-56 is wider and if you have long tube headers you may have an issue. I run the BBK longtubes now (installed them last week....never again...amg :p) and it's close but so far no big issues.

I'd definitely recommend getting the D&D kit, it doesn't include a clutch but if you're in a pinch you can use your old clutch for the non-viper spec uses the 10 spline input shaft, but since you'll have the tranny out why not just resurface the flywheel and drop a new clutch in?

I love having the 6th gear and with 3.73s it's a great highway lifesaver :)

i just did the swap 3 weeks ago with a fidanza flywheel and kc clutch.

got it from d and d with driveshaft. yes the brackets were a pain as i had sfc's and a mac x pipe that did not fit.

i think another brand x pipe would fit, but i just put in a h-pipe tonight and it fit alot better.

we'll when my friend did the swap for me i just bought the t-56, reused my crossmember and just had two brackets made for the the xmember u can use two of the existing brackets. also just picked up a chevy motormount and had my alum DS cut/balanced!! $1850 plus s/h and spent about $180 on the mount and D/S!!

so really did not need the kit on the 94/95 cars!!!

it's awesome smooth shifting and takes a beating!!! had 3.73 and now have 4.10s freeway speeds are pretty good with a .62 6th gear!!!

also had no problem with the bbk long tubes, they were already installed when i did the conversion !!!

NeverFastEngh said:
SVEGT. Did you get the tranny for a 94/05? Or is it out of a cobra? And where did you get it for $1850?

i got it from amp out of arizona think they were having a sale!! might still check with them see how much they are going for!! i got the 94up!!!!
mechanical speedo!!

svegt said:
we'll when my friend did the swap for me i just bought the t-56, reused my crossmember and just had two brackets made for the the xmember u can use two of the existing brackets. also just picked up a chevy motormount and had my alum DS cut/balanced!! $1850 plus s/h and spent about $180 on the mount and D/S!!

so really did not need the kit on the 94/95 cars!!!

it's awesome smooth shifting and takes a beating!!! had 3.73 and now have 4.10s freeway speeds are pretty good with a .62 6th gear!!!

also had no problem with the bbk long tubes, they were already installed when i did the conversion !!!

man, you sound way too excited"!!!"

haulbalz said:
man, you sound way too excited"!!!"

haha, i noticed that too... but it does sound exciting :)

i got it from amp out of arizona think they were having a sale!! might still check with them see how much they are going for!! i got the 94up!!!!
mechanical speedo!!

I seem to remember some trouble with many members who went with AMP in Arizona. I would search their company before diving into anything.

I just put in my T-56 (viper spec) a couple of weeks ago. I got it from D&D. Customer service was really good, and it didn't seem to dificult to swap in. I went from an AODE to the T-56. It is awesome so far. It shifts nice and smooth. Another 100 miles and the clutch will be broken in so I can really try it out. I would say it is one of my favorite mods so far.

i also got mine from d&d, talked to don walsh and his son personally. hitting 60mph in 1st is not only cool but well.... its f-ing awsome!!! yeah it cost me an arm and a leg but its worth it. you like high speeds? how about cruising comfortably at 100mph in 6th at under 2500rpms w/ 3:73s? haha the only mod that rivals the trany are my brembos which save my life every time i drive.

i used the shifter that came with it, its really long but i swaped my tri-ax handel in which helped a bit. then i got my mgw shifter, adjusted it to my liking and it couldnt be happier. the only gripes i have is that a performance shop told me that the shop that installed it put the brace in un-square (not sure if thats an actual word...) so future plans include getting it put in the right way, welding the drilled bolt holes then re-drilling them. as far as welding the trany in, well that sounds too permanint, its going to have to come out sometime.

so my last attempt to sell ya on it is buy it and enjoy the better gas mileage, you can skip gears with ease and get up to "proper" cruising speeds.
pm me with any q's i got everything-the whole kit from d&d. no regrets.
-fawcett