T-top fox bodies

BlackArtemis

Dated 4 Amandas. Nothing special. Got the job done
Founding Member
Sep 23, 2002
West Chester, PA
I know the last time the fox's had them was in either 86 or 87. But I want to know if they were only for the 5.0's. My GF wants to do a project fox body for herself and wants to do a 4cycl. If she can't get a T-top and do a swap she will just get a hatch or SVO.

Thanks for your help, though I am frieghtened... She is a nurse and has her car paid off etc and has alot more money to build up a car than I do for my 02 GT :( There is a real possability for her to spank my car at the track lol.

• Sponsors (?)

'88 was the last year.

My friend had an '87 2.3L Hatchback with T-tops. It was a nice car til he knocked down two telephone poles with it (and walked away)

You could get T-tops in hatchback and notchback form. An 87-88 notchback with T-tops is VERY rare in any engine trim. I have only see one in person at a show. Very nice setup. A LOT of 79-86 cars come with T-tops. I beleive 50% of GT's came with them or something like that. A little less common for base models but they had them. I think coupes w/ T-tops were rare too but i have seen a couple in person so they are nowhere as rare as they are for the 87-88 cars.

With that said, i love the T-tops on my '85 GT :)

Yeah I was about 10 minutes away from buying an 86 6cylinder t-top notch before all the divorce crap sprang about.(and trust me that had nothing to do with it starting)
A freind in highschool had an 87 LX 4 popper with t-tops, and another guy had an 88Gt with t-tops.
On anothe rinteresting note, a girl at my school had an 87 2.3 Vert with a 5 speed. At the time I thought nothing of it, but I have found that manual Verts that are not 5.0's hardly exist!

1986 2.3 4speed. T-tops as far as i have found there were 13 1986 t-top coupes made with a 2.3 and a 4 spd

I bought it for 400 bux. As i found out the car sat since 92. had a rebuilt motor in 93. the guy that owned it died and it sat from 93 till 2003 when i got it. I am planning a complete resto and a modular 4.6 motor for it along with a 5 spd and a 94 up interior

253339_131_full.jpg

253339_132_full.jpg

253339_133_full.jpg

BOWTIEKILLER said:
1986 2.3 4speed. T-tops as far as i have found there were 13 1986 t-top coupes made with a 2.3 and a 4 spd

I bought it for 400 bux. As i found out the car sat since 92. had a rebuilt motor in 93. the guy that owned it died and it sat from 93 till 2003 when i got it. I am planning a complete resto and a modular 4.6 motor for it along with a 5 spd and a 94 up interior
sounds very cool. most guys just drop 5.0's in it and be done with it. Nice to see someone doing something innovative. :nice: