Tailpipes showing on GTs.

88_GT_5_oh said:
previous owner did it to mine, at first i didn't like them but now they have grown on me. i don't ****ing care if someone thinks it shouldn't be done, its my car i can do whatever the hell i want to it

Back1.jpg
ok i'll be the 85th person to repost this photo.... That looks nice to me but how do you stop the bumper cover from melting?

Attachments

• Back1.jpg
    Back1.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Sponsors (?)

pb_paulie_b said:
ok i'll be the 85th person to repost this photo.... That looks nice to me but how do you stop the bumper cover from melting?

never had a problem with it, there is a slight gap between the bumper and pipes and the tail pipes don't get THAT hot.

everyone has their own opinion on how it looks, when i first got the car that was the first thing i was gonna replace but then i didn't want to either buy a new bumper or get it patched so i left it and now i like it.

I feel very distraught for all of you as the battle rages on as to whether tails under or through a GT bumper look good. Personally I think tails underneath without a cobra or dech bumper is just ghetto, and holes cut in it can go either way, though I've only ever seen one like that that I thought looked good. Fortunately for me I have the best of both worlds on my 86GT.

86GT + stock bumper + 2.5in. polished tips = Dead Sexy :nice:

Got my turned down at the mufflers.From behind,looks kinda like a 6 now cept for the bumper saying gt on it.I admit,when I first had the exhaust done,the guy really hacked it up bad.I had the drivers side sticking out 1 inch further than the passenger side in the rear.Looked so gay.So I cut out the rear pipes and dumped it at the flows.I like it!I always liked the way the older stangs hide the pipes anyways.

Err sorry,disregard.I have a 95 not a fox.

well guys all i have to say on the fact that i own a car that i think is atrocious is the fact my blazer had about 265,000 miles on it and was about to die, the only guy that wanted it had this fox w/ about 300 rwhp....i think thats all i need to say