Progress Thread Tannerc91gt’s Build(s) Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Well my neighbors aren't as happy that it's running as I am....we need to live further out of town
IMG_7653.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Well my neighbors aren't as happy that it's running as I am....we need to live further out of town
IMG_7653.jpg

That butt clown should be grateful he/she doesn't end up in one of your graveyard images. :O_o:

IMG_7653.jpg

TannerResponse:
Oh yeah? Well I don't bookface so I'll never read your stupider message! :fuss: *middlefingersmiley*

Did you reply to the message or are you going to let it ride?
Just letting it be. I always shut my compressor off and stop using power tools by 10pm and I haven't started the car up after that either. That's all the courtesy you'll get from me lol.

There will be plenty more "revving" to be done in the next couple weeks :D

Some of my friends on the other hand have found the crime watcher post. That I can't control

Reactions: 2 users

View: https://youtu.be/_3JrNJNn0XM

Fixed the fuel leak a couple days ago. Developed another 2" over but should be an easy fix.
Realized the coil harness extensions were side specific so I swapped those. Changed the plugs (passenger side were all solid black). Swapped in the big injectors since my new adapters showed up and let it idle a little bit.

Passenger side still gets MUCH hotter than the drivers side. Which to me would indicate a lean condition, though the old plugs showed otherwise.
I swapped the passenger side coil bank out for another one to hopefully eliminate the possibility of a dead coil(s).
Between different coils, plugs and injectors I had hoped it would have worked itself out. But it did not. Still scratching my head a bit.

Also showing 7.3 psi oil pressure but the number was static so I think I've just got it configured wrong. Otherwise I'll be pulling a motor again... :shrug:

On the "upside" I ordered my converter today as well a really nice PPP shifter I'm excited about. That's the last of the large purchases (assuming I don't need a shortblock) so that's a relief.

Will be a week or 2 before I can spend any real time with it again.

Reactions: 1 users

Fixed the fuel leak a couple days ago. Developed another 2" over but should be an easy fix.
Realized the coil harness extensions were side specific so I swapped those. Changed the plugs (passenger side were all solid black). Swapped in the big injectors since my new adapters showed up and let it idle a little bit.

Passenger side still gets MUCH hotter than the drivers side. Which to me would indicate a lean condition, though the old plugs showed otherwise.
I swapped the passenger side coil bank out for another one to hopefully eliminate the possibility of a dead coil(s).
Between different coils, plugs and injectors I had hoped it would have worked itself out. But it did not. Still scratching my head a bit.

Also showing 7.3 psi oil pressure but the number was static so I think I've just got it configured wrong. Otherwise I'll be pulling a motor again... :shrug:

On the "upside" I ordered my converter today as well a really nice PPP shifter I'm excited about. That's the last of the large purchases (assuming I don't need a shortblock) so that's a relief.

Could you please post a copy of the tune you are using. I have seen cases where there are 2 separate fuel ve tables for each injector bank, or a separate trim table.

Could you please post a copy of the tune you are using. I have seen cases where there are 2 separate fuel ve tables for each injector bank, or a separate trim table.
IMG_7750.JPG

Definitely not lean.

I'll try to post one tonight or tomorrow, your insight would be appreciated. I think maybe I'll scrap the tune I borrowed. Like buying a half finished car there are just too many variable to rely on being correct.

It was an e85 tune, I'm on pump gas. I turned off the flex fuel stuff, input my injector size and tried to dial down the fuel table but there are so many hidden things it's more trouble than good at this point.

Reactions: 1 user

Hey Tanner, i tried watching your video but i get the message i must be signed in to view it. I'd love to hear anything running from that pretty engine bay.

The tune is "close" if the car starts and runs. Just upload the file like you would a picture.

If you want to lean the entire thing out simply lower the required fuel number. Or lower the ve table...

For instance if you halve the required fuel and double the ve numbers you have the same amount of fuel and vice versa.

The tune is "close" if the car starts and runs. Just upload the file like you would a picture.

If you want to lean the entire thing out simply lower the required fuel number. Or lower the ve table...

For instance if you halve the required fuel and double the ve numbers you have the same amount of fuel and vice versa.
Required fuel is already at 2 lol

I swear I saw somewhere in TS to declare fuel type, and my e85 correction gauge was showing 160%. I turned the flex fuel stuff off and it now shows 100% which I would think means zero additional?
I just need to pull a bunch of fuel out and go from there. All of the individual cylinder corrections were turned off.

I'm going to test fire the injectors and coils Monday as I should have already done.

Truth be told I'm tempted to order the Holley system and cut my losses but I'm invested in this system enough to tough it out. I'm computer savvy enough that these TS navigation issues can't last forever. Downloaded megalog viewer registered last night but the data log I had saved didn't translate for whatever reason

Dude. It is seriously easier than you think. Everything for direct fuel correction is in "fuel" everything for timing is in "ignition" if what you are looking for is idle related it's in "idle/startup"

If it's not in its main category then look in "general settings"

What you need sir is a training session. I won't tune your car for free, but I will help you learn the system and advise you on what steps to take to achieve the end goal. Pm me it's gonna be rainy on sunday.

I call BS :fuss:

You dubbed the sound in from this:

View: https://youtu.be/bMPlPJP2brw

Reactions: 1 user
Dude. It is seriously easier than you think. Everything for direct fuel correction is in "fuel" everything for timing is in "ignition" if what you are looking for is idle related it's in "idle/startup"

If it's not in its main category then look in "general settings"

What you need sir is a training session. I won't tune your car for free, but I will help you learn the system and advise you on what steps to take to achieve the end goal. Pm me it's gonna be rainy on sunday.
And w/ a MS3,..they actually have a dedicated tech staff that have a phone number where they actually talk to you to answer any questions that you have.
Take advantage of that. You could be in the DIY boat like a few here that have to figure this sht out on their own....