• Taylor distributor and Taylor plug wires and platinum plugs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MSD wires and platinum plugs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Taylor wires and platinum plugs

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
columbus ohio
i want to get some new spark plugs and wires.

do any of you guys out there have Taylor wires or MSD wires?

i was also thinking of a new distributor. by doing this i would gain a little bit more power right?

• Sponsors (?)

IMO you almost can't do any better than Taylor Thunder Volts....10mm wires, and they're high quality. They're really expensive though so i just went with 8mm Taylor Spiro Pros. I haven't had any problems with them yet.

As for plugs i'd stick with Autolites or Motorcrafts straight from Ford.

ryan218 said:
ok thanks. how much did your wires end up costing you for 8?

I've had'em a couple years, i think they were around 50-60 at a local speed shop. I was flipping through a magazine the other day and came accross an add for Accel's 5mm wires....i'm a little curious as to how well these work being such a small diameter, but the review says they pull just as much spark as any wires out there. Once my Taylor's are ready to get replaced, i might pick some of these up and see. It would be cool to be able to hide your wires and route them in one heat sleeve around the front of the head....that would keep them away from the headers nicely.

http://go.mrgasket.com/pdf/sparkplugs/5mm_Wire.pdf

As for plugs, i have stock heads and don't need anything fancy, so i just get Autolite 25s at Walmart. I'd stay away from Bosch or anything that says Platinum in the title...they're junk and are way over priced.

I just looked on Summit to see what they have as far as tech info, because i'm looking into those 5mm Accel wires.....they say that MSD's have only 40-50ohms of resistance, whereas Taylor Thundervolts have 50ohms....so i'd say they're around the same performace, except that the Thundervolts are quite a bit more expensive than the MSD wires...i'd go with MSD.