TCP... Dead or alive? A poll.

What is TCP's status?

• Total voters

DarkBuddha

Founding Member
Dec 11, 2001
Seattle & Tampa
Well, once again I'm hearing rumors of TCP's demise, so I thought I'd post a poll... What d'ya think? Is TCP alive, or are they going belly up? No one can seem to get a straight answer and I've heard they're next to impossible to contact anymore. So chime in and post you opinions, because they're probably as valid as anything else being posted. :rolleyes: :D

• Sponsors (?)

There was a post a few days ago that they were being bought. I hope that is the case. So I say they are in ER in extremely critical condition, the crash cart is there, charging, stand clear ................ ZAP!!!!!

Doctor says it's too early to tell.

Well I seriously hope that they are not dead... I have been saveing up to purchase a totally new suspension from them. I'v heard nothing but good things from the parts they produce, some claiming that there old stangs handle better than most modern cars out today by useing TCP products.

At the very least I hope they get bought out. Keep the production line going on those awsome parts, and hopefully lower the prices a bit hehe.

TCP, as it used to exist, is gone. I would ASSuME that the company that purchased them would probably keep using the name because of the brand recognition. Kind of like how Mr. Gasket owns Mallory and Hurst, this company would probably just add TCP to their existing line. The only change I see is that all the manufacturing would be performed alongside their current products instead of using the original TCP people. I'm betting a new ad campaign, "NEW OWNERSHIP" kind of angle. That's just my SWAG.

Red Barchetta said:
TCP, as it used to exist, is gone. I would ASSuME that the company that purchased them would probably keep using the name because of the brand recognition. Kind of like how Mr. Gasket owns Mallory and Hurst, this company would probably just add TCP to their existing line. The only change I see is that all the manufacturing would be performed alongside their current products instead of using the original TCP people. I'm betting a new ad campaign, "NEW OWNERSHIP" kind of angle. That's just my SWAG.

That's my bet too.

Red Barchetta said:
Well, my SWAG is that I still won't be able to afford their stuff... :rolleyes: :nonono:

DukeGnarley said:
well, if they are no more, then who's going to be supplying parts for the GT500-E/GT350SR?

That was exactly my thought also. It's a full time job in itself just keeping up with this customer probably. Since no answers can be had, I'd bet placing a call or email to someone at sandersan would provide an inside scoop into what may be happening with TCP. :shrug:

It all comes down to how the new owner will deal with the hundreds of people who were robbed by the former owner. If he makes all their orders good or refunds their money I think TCP will survive, if he doesn't I'll be glad to see them go down.

PS. It will not be okay to steal the designs for ~25 years (I think) when the patents expire.

63_Fairlane said:
Does anyone know who is buying them out?
I know who bought them, but I can't say anything because some people would get in trouble. I know how that sounds, but I don't see how there's anything to gain by leaking who bought them. If anything, the company would probably be inundated with phone calls asking questions they're probably not prepared to address.

Edbert said:
It all comes down to how the new owner will deal with the hundreds of people who were robbed by the former owner. If he makes all their orders good or refunds their money I think TCP will survive, if he doesn't I'll be glad to see them go down.
That's one reason why I can't say who bought them. I don't know if they assumed all of TCP's liability/debt, or if they just bought the rights to the name and product design. As I said, they may use TCP as a product line, not as company. It could be that TCP will be known as the early model Mustang/Cougar/Maverick, etc line of parts that they're carrying. They might relable whatever their existing stuff is to fall under that "brand" to try and keep things consistent. Once again, all this is just my Scientific Wild Ass Guess.

DarkBuddha said:
I just hope it isn't M+... :nonono: Those guys pissed me off with their surly attitudes both times I've called them. :notnice:
I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one who feels that way. I will never buy anything from them ever and I always steer people away from them if they ask me.....just for this very reason. When I found out that Mustang Plus was the sole distributor of TCP products I decided I would never buy anything of theirs. It is amazing how once M+ jacked the price of the rack up $800.

I am guessing Red Barchetta has the best angle on this situation. Whoever buys them out will probably try to get the patents, designs, and tooling while side stepping the legal issues. If they use the name , they will probably try to satisfy all of the customers who got the shaft. If they can get the patents, etc... without dealing with the legal bruhaha associated with TCP then they will go that route. It may depend on how deep their pockets are or how good their attorney is.

In any case, I hope they are able to improve production and reduce the cost of the parts.