teksid 2v gt is alive!!

Mr. Rustypwnz

Advanced Member
Jun 1, 2005
indianapolis/ valdosta ga
after not wanting to even work on this thing, I finally got it together..

it fired right up! i let it idle for about 10 mins, shut it off, topped off coolant and cranked er up again. this time giving it a lil gas, and DAMN this thing wants to scream it sounds nasty as ****!! its currently just open headers but man im exited!!

runs really well im happy!! tomorrow ill put the X on and get all the little misc crap i need to do and go for a ride, it should be fun!!

oh and another thing dont get flowtech longtubes, they suck to install..

• Sponsors (?)

well, i finally went and really drove it.. kinda worried me to go WOT because of the high compression on pump gas, but it works fine, no knocking detonating or anything.. i dont have a tune either! but it really screams, the torque it puts out now is like a 331 stroker..

today im gonna work on some header leaks, and go get some 110 and some colder plugs and see how that works.

Have any pictures of the swap? I highly suggest finding a local dyno and getting the a/f ratios checked out if you don't have a wideband; otherwise you will be doing it all over again if it's off.

basically its just a 93-98 or 96-98 or 99 cobra shortblock, with the coolant hole drilled in the block, 4v screw in chain tensioner swing outs, the rest is 2v crap. i have a 4v oil pump on mine though..

its really easy, the only thing that dosent really work right is the timing cover and it just has a bolt hole that you can rtv over, no big deal..

if i were to take pics you couldnt even tell..

its damn well worth the time and effort by far!! the car is completely different. i think with a good tune and some cams it should have no problem going 110-112 in the 1/4 easily

yeah its really fun to drive now lol...

no 5 primary didnt seal up so it leaks and sounds like a small finch chirping, its weird, and my throttle body has this annoying high pitched whistle to it, and also my x pipe hits the cross-member so it really sounds like the car it falling apart lol/

i have no doubt that i could make 320rwhp or more n/a with cams, tune and the eddy intake.. later ill get another kit and throw on there. it was damn fast on the spray on the last motor, so this one will have nasty torque.

Thats bad ass.I went the other way with my 2v.I got a 3v block and made it into a 300ci shortblock and put all my 2v parts on it... So i now have a aluminum block.:nice:

front end sits up higher now? thats awesome! i really would like to get some 3v heads and a timing cover and intake and convert this teksid, i know i could pull 360rwhp+ easy that way..