tell me how it would run! help guys another hp guessing thread!

95conv5.0

Mar 30, 2005
how would a stock 302 run with afr 185 heads,a holley systemax intake, and a 75mm tb?
so how much hp? im wanting 280hp and 310tq, do you guys think this is attainable?

thanks dustin

• Sponsors (?)

IMO.

The afr 185's and Holley Systemax II intake are far too large for an otherwise stock engine: (ie. cubes, cam, etc.)

You would actually make BETTER power with a set of afr 165's and a smaller intake (like a trick flow street or edelbrock) because it would be set up close to the power range your cam will want to spin at. Cool?

maybe we should have a thread to explain the diff between talk and tech so daggs dosen't have to work so hard, but to the question at hand, i have heads similar to afr 185's (dart pro one) 76mm mass air 65mm tb, 24 pounders, 190lph pump, cobra intake, e303, and it's a 306 and am close to 300 i would imagine, so it's possible but as said before the big intake and tb may actully hurt you

DMAN302 said:
Clearance will likely be an issue IMO.
not really! as long as your valve timing is right your all good, i had a cam ground by jay allen that was 565 lift and it fit fine! i just want to move so something a little more turbo savy! if you know what i mean :D

Lift as very little to do with clearance issues. It is the radial of the valve that goes beyond the valve reliefs. That is where contact is made and damage occurs.

A 75mm TB flows more than enough air for that engine. Nearly 2x the amount that 302 cubic inches can take in...are you sure you "need" it?

With everything else being stock...you will not hit that goal.

I would just stick with some TW's or AFR 165's...no need for a head/intake that flow much more than you need unless you plan on upgrading to a stroker.

A 70mm TB will flow plenty for a stroker and your current combo that you are planning...

Good Luck!