TFS Street Combo with AODE...

sawbones25

Founding Member
May 29, 2001
Virginia
I've been tossing up the idea of just getting the TFS street kit for my 1995 GT with an AODE.
I'm not familiar with the TFS stage 1 cam. Has anyone here used it with an automatic? Have any idle problems?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

sawbones25 said:
I've been tossing up the idea of just getting the TFS street kit for my 1995 GT with an AODE.
I'm not familiar with the TFS stage 1 cam. Has anyone here used it with an automatic? Have any idle problems?

Thanks.

The trans won't affect your idle.....Some people have some issues, but it's rare and likely they are blaming the cam when it's another issue.....

Mine idles rock solid at 700 w/o the tune. So I wouldn't worry about it.

But you should definately upgrade to the track heat intake. So worth it. And it has all the options like powdercoated black, like I have.
Scott

sawbones25 said:

Thanks.
If youre not doing too may other mods for now...skip the cam and just get the h/I.
Our cars cams for under 300HP work just fine.

You may or may not have idle issues without a chip...so My vote is for now just skip the cam.

RC

I was considering just doing the heads, intake and exhaust and skipping the cam.
I'm not really looking for a lopey idle, I just want the thing to be able to get out of it's own way...

mo_dingo said:
Mine idles rock solid at 700 w/o the tune. So I wouldn't worry about it.

WTF dude??! I really wish you hadn't said that. Now it has me thinking there's something still wrong with the stang. It won't idle below 900 or so. The idle hangs up a lot at 1500, and once it's been idling a while, it dives down to 800 and shoots back up to 950, and keeps fluctuating real fast between the two. And that's with some twEECing!! (injector slopes, maf transfer, idle speeds) Time to go buy a vacuum gauge I guess.