Thanks for the input on a new car...

GDawg said:
I'm expecting close to 40mpg on the freeway for my daily commute. If I get 35 I'll be real happy cause right now I get about 26mpg on my mustang for highway. I think the gas savings will pay for half my payment. I spend $110 a week on gas for the pony right now.

And the biggest thing is... I work downtown Denver so 4 out of 5 days I sit in traffic that inches along. This is an automatic where my GT is a manual. And this is a front wheel drive which will be nice for the snow, come winter.

Now I can put in the SuperCharger on my pony and do some other stuff to rage hell on the weekend cars. I already have a rep in my town for a fine pony, now it will be better and not getting all those miles.

:SNSign:

Congrats on the car man, I love my 6i, but you wont get 40mpg, you wont get 35mpg either. I get 30 mpg with my auo 4 banger highway only driving 75mph and 25 mixed driving.

I have the same car as you (2006 Mazda 6i) with my only option being the auto and I paid $16,500 before tax. My sticker price was $21,500. YOu might have overpaid some, but as long as you are happy.

• Sponsors (?)

cool...a buddy of mine in denver has one--the greyish mazdaspeed six--and his pops has a redfire one just like yours..he got all the aero package plastic put on and it has different wheels--17's i think--damn nice cars...

cool, it was smart to get another vehicle to take some stress off the GT. nice lookin 6 too. just curious why you chose it though. i would have looked at a gently used WRX for ~16k. AWD for the snow, and you could find an auto. plus it would be quicker than the mazdaspeed. but congrats anyway on the new purchase. NOW GET THAT KENNE BELL INSTALLED!!!

Yeah, I probably won't get the mpg I would like but I drove it to Denver today for the first day. It does fine at 90 mph on my fast lane commute. It's comfortable. It rained and hailed in the Springs today and eventhough this is a new car, better it than my stang. Lots of stop and go traffic and I was cool listening to my stereo and figuring out all these switches and compartments. I may have paid a bit high cause they saw me coming but I don't like having to spend anymore time in there than needed. 4WDs are very expensive here too... wonder why? lol

There was an F-350 that pulled up next to me at a light. They were pulling a race car trailer. The kid in the front passenger seat complimented me on the rims. So that's cool. At least not everyone thinks they're bad.

I like the car. I'll be starting a new job in July that pays $7 more an hour than what I get now and free parking so it will be fine.

Once my Mazda extras are installed I can start tearing down the Stang for the SC.

:D

04DarkShadowGT said:
Congrats on the car man, I love my 6i, but you wont get 40mpg, you wont get 35mpg either. I get 30 mpg with my auo 4 banger highway only driving 75mph and 25 mixed driving.

I have the same car as you (2006 Mazda 6i) with my only option being the auto and I paid $16,500 before tax. My sticker price was $21,500. YOu might have overpaid some, but as long as you are happy.

I did get a $3000 rebate so it was 18,500 base. Then I bought all sorts of extra insurance for the fact I am a single income and closing in on my first heart attack. My insurances will pay if I go out on medical leave or get laid off (I contract to my employers), and GAP and some other stuff. I buy all that crap now that I'm alone in my income.