The 6-speed is in !!!

00s281sc368

Dec 14, 2003
Fremont, CA
Just got the T56 installed, along with Steeda shifter, aluminium flywheel and a dual kevlar clutch!

Damn the steeda shifter is short and I need my two hands to get into reverse :shrug: !

But it feels great, 1st gear pulls longer, 2nd and 3rd pull more as they are a little shorter than before, so I still can smoke the tires in those gears... Shifting between 4th and 5th is lovely on the freeway, then into 6th after the rush :D
The 6th ratio is 0.62 vs 0.68 before but it gives about 5mph more at 90mph for the same rpm :D

The car feels lighter too, must be the alum flywheel !

And the clutch is as soft as the stock one, but no more slip! It is amazingly strong, and can handle the high torque of the KB now :nice: !

dsc00127_copy.jpg

dsc00128_copy.jpg

dsc1451.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks. I switched from a 5 speed, I think it was a T45.
With the 3.55 rear end, I was exactly at 2500rpm@80mph on 5th, now on 6th I'm at 85mph@2500rpm.
Apex told me the reverse solenoid switch could be wired to a push button so it's easier to get into reverse.

I'm jealous!, I want a T56 also. A friend of mine has one in his 98 and has the same issue getting reverse. Wouldn't a 03-04 Cobra spec T56 not have the issue. Your car is the first that I have seen with less TQ than HP when running a KB but a nice car you have.