The car isn't starting.. :(

Keasbey

Jun 12, 2003
Montreal
She's doing some "popup", but nothing exciting.. :(

It have fuel and fire...

but I've notice some difference between the injectors of the stang and the thunderbird, and I was wondering if I need to do any change for it?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't have any exhaust system yet, and when I turn the key, the car is only doing a couple of explosions, but not enough to start. So,when I say "popup",
it is the sound that my exhaust does.

All pins are connected,correctly.Except the tripminder that I don't even knew the existance, that I haven't touch at all.

all sensors are connected, at the right place, except the one that is in the prestone on the lower intake,that I think is the fan sensor.

Stinger : I've connected all my sensors, change some pins on my computer, plug my battery, my fuel pump relay all the usual things that we do when when an engine swap is done.

Ok....so your doing a swap? What exactly are you swapping into it? Any mods? the more Specific details you give , the more you can be helped.

Truthfully right now, im having a hard time finding ANYthng specific in your post!;)

Ok so, I find today that my timing was way out of range, so I replaced it, and nothing more..

Here's the thing, I'm doing a swap, I've put a 2.3T from a '86 Tc with the EEC from a '86 too,

it was auto, and I swap it to a T-5.For this part it is perfect, no problem, hopefully.

SO I've got fire,gas and air. But I just don't understand why it doesn't start..
It cranks, but won't start.

tell me all what you wanted to know, because I can't figure what else you wanted to know..

So you fixed the timing problem now? Or did you "replace" something? Did it not help or change the way it acted?

Have you VERIFIED you have spark at the spark plugs and that there is fuel pressure in the rail?

I've replaced it, but I'm not 100% sure of where I should put the mark on the crank pulley, I've put it on TC and I've aligned all the "marks" where they should be, but some guys told me that I have to put it on 10* and not on TC? is that true?

I have spark at sparkplugs, and I have a lot of fuel.. lol

The only thing that I think that could be wrong, is that I haven't unplugged anything on the computer? If I haven't unplugged anything, could it be my problem? I just add some pins, but didn't remove anything...

Or the EEC isn't sending right timing for injectors.

Have you turned the distributor while cranking the car like suggested? There is a big difference between turning it while the car is off and turning it while it's cranking...

I'm about to tell you to take it to a mechanic...or someone that knows alot about cars...

That engine was running when the previous owner pulled it, right? Normally, you wouldn't have had to touch it, unless someone fiddled with it between the time the engine was pulled and you tried starting it...

I just remembered that last year before we installed Michel's engine, we compared the rotor position with the one in the Haynes manual, and it was off by a lot. So we reset it as per the Haynes manual, and the engine wouldn't start. We used common sense to set it (after comparing to his old 2.3), which turned out to be as it was set initially, and the engine fired up fine. We scratched our heads over it for a while too...

So: set crank to TDC, check cam timing through plug in the cover. If the mark is out of sight, turn crank one revolution, and try again. If the mark is still out of sight, cam timing is wrong, correct it before continuing.

Set ignition timing by lining up rotor to where the #1 tower is on the dist cap.

You do have fuel pressure at the fuel rail, right?

Have you tried pulling the codes? http://www.dalidesign.com/hbook/eectest.html

Dave