The Complaint Department

• Sponsors (?)

[/quote]
Having said that, I am disappointed witht he final product. I see it and I don't think of the Mustang heritage. I think wow they really made an ugly car. If you look at the car from the non Mustang lover's point of view and don't think of it as a Mustang then I think a lot of people would notice that the looks don't stand on their own. The approval of the car seems to rely on the fact that it is a Mustang. I am sure some people like the loooks. But personally I feel Ford dropped the ball on this redesign. Oh well. :shrug:[/QUOTE]

How do you not see heritage? The 05 is based on the classics. If the classics didn't sell we wouldn't have anything today.

I like the new stang. I have never been a big fan except fastbacks. Granted the concept looked damn nice, but that is what the aftermarket company is for. I see the brutal bumper and the fog lights. That is what the aftermarket companies are for, to pick up the ball where the dealers dropped it.

How do you not see heritage? The 05 is based on the classics. If the classics didn't sell we wouldn't have anything today.[/QUOTE]

I should explain what I meant. In the past the look of the Mustang would put a degree of "fear" into people when they see them because they have a reputation for being fast cars. I don't get that feeling with the new car. It just looks goofy and not menacing in the least. And yes I know its based on the older stangs but something about it is missing. Like I said you may not agree. I am just telling you my view of it.

Ya stock 80's style Mustang Coupe's are menacing as hell, when my grandma goes by in one i **** my pants. I agree tho there are some things i dont like about the new Mustang but theres this crazy thing called aftermarket. I've never seen a stock 5 Slow and theres a reason for that. Personally i think the 80's GT's look badass and are the most sporty/mean looking mustangs they've ever made but not very many people share my views. I also think 95 style are cute cars, but few share that view. The new mustang doesn't look retro enough, i see it and i think modern... not 68 Muscle car that will eat anything on the road. Thats why its getting a hood scoop and louvre's to actually give it a retro look.

BUT who cares, i think everyones sick of people complaining about it, Ford doesn't listen to you anyways, good thing too... ... but neways just stop complaining.

yellow5.0cobra said:
Ford built the THUNDERBIRD 98.9% exactly like the CONCEPT...

Why not the MUSTANG?!?!?

Maybe its a tease and the COBRA will have that package?

In this forum somewhere somebody overlayed the concept and the actual car. The cars are within shadows of being exactly alike. Things had to be changed to bring the price of the car down. Expect to see the concepts taillights in a SVT, Shelby version I would think. What Ford did was cater to the general masses. For those who don't like it. Theres an aftermarket to change what you don't like.

MrWeedster said:
who thinks that ford messed up things with THAT 2005 mustang?

as i saw the gt concept a few months ago in a car-magazine i thought "awesome - that car MUST be mine",
it looks great, e.g. the head- and the taillights, the air-inlets on the hood and the side, and so on.

and now?
the headlights are way to big, and the taillights way to small - if u ask me.
and on the gt - why are there 4 lights?
i think this looks very bad.
all the bumpers look so "normal" and not that "brutal" they were on the concept.

now the questions: what do you think?
would it be possible to build a gt with the lights and the bumpers from the concept?

will there be companies, that think like me =), and bring the right parts out for your own gt concept?

so long: weed

p.s: sorry for my english =)

If you wanted the concept you can do pretty much 2 things: wait till Ford puts it up for auction, like they sometimes do. Or you can build your own from the ground up. When Ford built the concept, they didn't have to take in account safety requirements, like proper bumpers. And the head lights are the same from the concept. The fog lights are probably going to be removed by the aftermarket groups, and they will probably make some fake plastic scoops to make it APPEAR fast. But I like the 2 large fog lights, it reminds me of my Mustang. The hood is often bashed, and I'm sure the aftermarket, like Cervinis or somebody will have better hoods, just like the previous generations. I'm sure you could get the concept, if you wanted a $100,000 car. Ford never promised the concept, they said it would be close, and it is, about 85% of the concept is in the production. But hey, join the club of people who just bash the crap out of the car, because somewhere they believed that production cars always look exactly like the concepts. I would say be happy that there still is a Mustang, after 40 years, I mean, look at the Camaro or Firebird, they're gone. If you don't like this generation, stick with what you have and wait for the next design. The only way Ford will listen to the people who don't like it is through their pocket books.

3spd on floor said:
disclaimer: i didnt take the time to read the whole thread, sorry if someone already said this.

i love everything except those damn ugly mufflers. does anyone else think there is something fundamentally wrong with being able to see the mufflers behind the rear valence? is there any way that an aftermarket company could come up with a kit that puts the muffs back under the car, where they belong?

:nice: mustang
:notnice: import style mufflers

The mufflers are at the back of the car now because having a gas tank at the rear of the car is dangerous. Our Fox body cars are just one rear ender away from a flaming fireball. Well ok maybe thats an exageration. But still. This new style is about safety. If you dont like it then take some Hi-Temp spray paint and shoot the mufflers black. They won't be nearly as noticable.

I really don't have a problem with the muffs. I do have a problem with the front end as I have stated before. The rest of the car looks pretty good especially in the Photshopped versions where they are lowered. The car has a pretty nice profile and the rear end is cool with me.

I just don't like the head lights and I really don't like foglights. I understand paying homage to the old school stangs but I think the lights could have been done better. Oh well. Maybe it will grow on me the same way the 99-04 cars did. I hated those too and now I wouldn't mind owning one.

pairofnines said:
First off, there is a complaint thread somewhere, so a whole new thread saying the same crap others repeatedly say is getting old. Secondly, if you wanted the concept you can do pretty much 2 things: wait till Ford puts it up for auction, like they sometimes do. Or you can build your own from the ground up. When Ford built the concept, they didn't have to take in account safety requirements, like proper bumpers. And the head lights are the same from the concept. The fog lights are probably going to be removed by the aftermarket groups, and they will probably make some fake plastic scoops to make it APPEAR fast. But I like the 2 large fog lights, it reminds me of my Mustang. The hood is often bashed, and I'm sure the aftermarket, like Cervinis or somebody will have better hoods, just like the previous generations. I'm sure you could get the concept, if you wanted a $100,000 car. Ford never promised the concept, they said it would be close, and it is, about 85% of the concept is in the production. But hey, join the club of people who just bash the crap out of the car, because somewhere they believed that production cars always look exactly like the concepts. I would say be happy that there still is a Mustang, after 40 years, I mean, look at the Camaro or Firebird, they're gone. If you don't like this generation, stick with what you have and wait for the next design. The only way Ford will listen to the people who don't like it is through their pocket books.

Well said. Don't like it don't buy it.

I am the only one who thinks it UGLY?

The prototype car a year ago was sweet. But this production model 05 is almost comically bad. All the edge and styling is now round and crappy. And those wheels are of minivan proportions. What happened to the prototype's wheels? I am the only one, or does everyone else think the 05 is the greatest thing since sliced bread?

Flame away.

FinlayZJ said:
The prototype car a year ago was sweet. But this production model 05 is almost comically bad. All the edge and styling is now round and crappy. And those wheels are of minivan proportions. What happened to the prototype's wheels? I am the only one, or does everyone else think the 05 is the greatest thing since sliced bread?

Flame away.

I don't know what minivans are in your neighborhood, but the GT has optional 18" wheels, and I've never seen 18s stock (or even aftermarket) on a minivan. Were you really expecting 20s on a production Mustang?! The ride quality would suffer, performance would suffer (18s are about as big as you'd want to go for performance, if that), initial cost would be higher, and the cost of buying tires in the future would be higher. The production version sits a little higher because it must handle real roads in harsh environments, carry fat people, pass the crash tests, and not scrape coming out of parking lots. The concept car only has to sit on a spinning platform. The proportions of the production body obviously cannot be identical the concept, because the production car must seat 4 people and still have some luggage space. If the Mustang wasn't designed to be practical, it would have died a long time ago. Ford said the production version would retain 90% of the concept's style, and they delivered on that promise. What I find comical is the naive attitudes of some people on this site. You see a Thunderbird being produced almost identical to the concept and all of a sudden people think that's normal and how every car should be. Get real.

JimF65 said:
IRS does not affect launch. Neither better nor worse. (Unless you break traction with a wheel, then IRS is better launch due to better control). If you want real launch, WAY out of Mustang class, drive a new Corvette (which has IRS).

Either way, driving is about a lot more than the dragstrip.

You obviously don't know squat about racing on a dragstrip. The solid axle forces the the rearend to plant... not true with the IRS, it just wants to hop down the track. The good news for you is that when the Cobra version comes out, you should be able to get a swap with a Cobra owner that wants to drag race. But you don't seem to like the car, so I'm sure you don't care which rearend it has.

JimF65 said:
Here's a question: Ponycars have, for some unknown reason, gained a reputation as "redneck" cars. I don't know why, I sure don't qualify!! What do you think Ford could do, now that they have the field to themselves, to lessen that reputation???

Where did that comment come from? I'm sure you'll provide a source to back up such an outrageous claim.