Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

I think my ex misinterpreted the vow"I take this man to love" as "I take (these men) to love"! Ah well Ive learned not to be bitter(even if I wish she got hit by a run away bus);)
Thankfully not all women are like her. And wow what was I :thinking::doh:

Derail continued, @A5literMan , your post reminds me of the movie Old School when that guy gets home early from his business trip.......knock knock, hey, I'm here for the .....

Guns don't kill people, husbands that get home from work early do.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Derail continued, @A5literMan , your post reminds me of the movie Old School when that guy gets home early from his business trip.......knock knock, hey, I'm here for the .....

Guns don't kill people, husbands that get home from work early do.
I would post a smiley face but your statement is a little to close to home :( ah fak it:) been 15 years if you can't smile after that much time...

I am going to rename this "Project Whack-a-Mole". As in, every time I fix something, two other problems pop up.

I replaced a bad tensioner pulley and the crank pulley Sunday and now the smog pump whines and the P/S pump has a squeak, sounds like belt slip but is most definitely coming from the pump itself.

And my better half forced me to buy new headlights last night because she was tired of hearing me complain about them. So LMR got some cyber Monday business from me.

I am going to rename this "Project Whack-a-Mole". As in, every time I fix something, two other problems pop up.

I replaced a bad tensioner pulley and the crank pulley Sunday and now the smog pump whines and the P/S pump has a squeak, sounds like belt slip but is most definitely coming from the pump itself.

And my better half forced me to buy new headlights last night because she was tired of hearing me complain about them. So LMR got some cyber Monday business from me.

I've got a good smog pump you can have..

removed smog pump and installed new P/S pump tonight. burned the absolute dog sh*t out of my hand in the process. Don't feel like posting pics tonight, but blasted and painted the brackets and it looks much better in there.

New headlights getting delivered tomorrow also.

Reactions: 1 users
I installed their stock look headlight kit this summer, I'm really happy. Couple pointers, sand the plastic posts a little so the c-clips sit down on them correctly and you may need to drill the actual holes a little so the adjuster posts go all the way in....

I skipped this and the head light wanted to fall out when I was adjusting them.

BTW you'll thank her,

Before and after cleanup

Vct28J.jpg
EeIBXB.jpg
vn9XDt.jpg

Attachments

• Vct28J.jpg
    Vct28J.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 118
  • EeIBXB.jpg
    EeIBXB.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 142
  • vn9XDt.jpg
    vn9XDt.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 136
Going to switch things up a little.... well, a lot. I don't feel like messing with the 302, and I stumbled into selling my TFS 170s for a fair price. My original intent was to buy an aftermarket ECM and learn to tune the car before putting a nice variant of a 351 in. I'm going to stick with that idea and keep moving forward with restoring the car itself as I go. SO -

I have the explorer intake/tb. I'll clean it all up and install it and that will do it for motor mods for now. I need this car to remain reliable and well mannered. The TF heads are supposedly going to be sold Friday when the guy gets paid and I'll look into ordering the ECM I want. I feel like it will take me a good while to work out the tune and get it where I am comfortable with the system interface, etc.

Should the motor in the car take a dump, I'll have a backup.

As for the 351, who knows. Will more than likely just do a mild 408 with some 205cc heads or larger. Since the car will be speed density, I can run a carb style intake and 4150 throttle body and really move some air if I want to wind it up.

Reactions: 1 users