Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

IMG_7458.JPG

Well, it was fun. I've got a video coming.

I think it's either a rod or thrust bearing.

• Sponsors (?)

I seen the words earlier "Pesky Mercedes"
But now get it. I was like is that his wife's name Mercedes?
Sounds like no rod knock I ever heard. It should be a much more frequent noise. Unless video is just not catching it like a ear can.

I seen the words earlier "Pesky Mercedes"
But now get it. I was like is that his wife's name Mercedes?
Sounds like no rod knock I ever heard. It should be a much more frequent noise. Unless video is just not catching it like a ear can.
Definitely cant hear it in the video; it was hard to hear in the car even. The clack clack noise were the expansion joints in the street.

Already bought a junkyard fresh race bullet, haha.

Gonna keep this short block and rebuild it with the Scat crank and forged slugs I have and put it in when it's time.

I hope you're picturing a tiny snowball at the top of a mountain right now, because I am.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Already bought a junkyard fresh race bullet, haha.

Gonna keep this short block and rebuild it with the Scat crank and forged slugs I have and put it in when it's time.

I hope you're picturing a tiny snowball at the top of a mountain right now, because I am.

What happened w/ the current engine other than a rod bearing went away? Did you put rods in the engine that weren't sized,..or Change the size of the rod journal on the crank? Rod bearings do not typically just fail, unless.....