Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

Been there before. I never made it out of the driveway though. dumped all 5 quarts out of the angled driveway. Literally 2 mins later it started pouring. Cars were slip sliding up and down the street. I closed the hood and layed low for a while.

I always check that o ring now

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Didn't know you worked for JiffyLube, Mike.. lol

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Well, it's runs. Kind of. I can get it to start and idle but it won't stay idling for more than a minute. But it won't restart afterward because the starter is junk. I've been playing with it but got frustrated and moved on to other things.

I pulled the crossover off to start fabbing the waste gate plumbing but couldn't get the material and the welder to cooperate, so I decided it was time for a beer. I'll try again tomorrow

Reactions: 6 users
image.jpeg

It's gonna need some rearrangin, that's for sure. No way the bumper cover is going on

Reactions: 3 users
What can you say about Dave? What a guy. Always a friendly pat on the back, willing to go the extra mile to help a buddy out, willing to ship his personal tools to anybody that asks for it......truly a one in a million kinda guy.........

Then there's me.
dirty-language-smiley-emoticon.gif

I really don't have a problem with the bumper/ a2a IC support,....What else are you gonna do when you don't have a tubing bender, and who cares if the thing is cut and spliced? You should see the behind the scenes on my dash/door bars/console.

This is true.

It's also been a slow week for customer service. I've emailed LMR twice with an easy question and have gotten no response, which is odd. Normally they're on top of it. @Dustin@LMR can you help? Need to know what size the threaded nut is on the 351w swap pan where the dipstick goes in. OR, if possible, can I buy the dipstick by itself since I already have the pan?

Also, I ordered the wrong set of plug wires from summit. The coil wire is too short. I decided instead of returning them since they've already been run, I'd contact Taylor and see if I could buy the correct coil wire. While a response was prompt, they refuse to sell me a wire and instead have been forcing me to deal with Summit to return everything and exchange for the correct wire set. I get it, but is it that difficult to just sell me a replacement wire?!? Sheesh.

Last edited: