The infamous Mustang loss of traction.....

CBZGT50

Apr 21, 2005
St Louis area
Well, on thursday it rained about 2 inches in 15 minutes and I was driving back from a job interview (on my way to work, late) I-64 Has construction in my area and put up cement walls right next to the inside lane. My exit was next and I just started to move to the right when the car went 180 degrees, spinning the pass fr into the wall and almost immediatly hit the back corner on the wall, spun me another 180 degrees, where I ended up just over the white line. The funny thing was that it was rush hour traffic and no metal damage occured. Only bumpers, headlights, and wheels were trashed. The impact made my Cervinis hood spider crack where I have Steeda hood pins.

Good news, I get a new OEM front and rear bumper, New headlights, New Borla catbacks and my wheels will be refreshed. The hood will be repainted too. Only $5000 for a quick 360 degree spin. The catback tailpipe on the passenger side was in front of the rear wheel. :notnice: :notnice:

Any compassion :shrug:

At least I have my 93 still although it is a dry day car.

Cheers :D

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah seems like a lot of people have trouble with that. Last February, I was in cruise control on the freeway doing about 50 mph in the rain (granted I had Drag radials on it), and all of the sudden I spun 3-4 times then off the freeway and down a muddy bank, stopped about a foot shy of a big revine, missed the light poles, bushes, and everything. I couldn't have parked it better than where it wound up. It definately has a bad attitude in the rain.

SeventyMach1 said:
I did some training up there in Fort Dodge.... that's all I seen was corn...... everywhere. I just figured they ground it up to use as "slag". But your idea seems like a good one.
Surpisingly, there isn't much corn where i live, in the past 5 years the area has grown drastically which basically screwed over the farmers :owned:

BTW-i forgot what the topic of this thread was :rlaugh:

I was simply going 45 mph in a construction zone, ya know where they put the cement walls on the white line. My back tires are at the tread marker line, but the damn things don't come with much tread in the first place (not DR's). I was driving straight from a job interview in my suit and the car just spun. If it weren't for the concrete walls I would have had no damage. My curiosity is why did I not get cremated by semi's during the rush hour traffic when my second 180 degree spin put me from the left lane to the right side of the white line on the right. Thing that got me was NO ONE stopped to see if I was dead or something. F the illinois commuter!

$5000'ish is to replace the front and rear bumper parts (including steel bumper under the urethane bumper) paint the bumpers, repair two 2003 Cobra wheels, replace my Mac exhaust that folded under the car. Repaint my Cervini's hood where the push up made spider cracks around my pins. I have to get all new headlights and the support panel. The tail light and gas door have to get painted too. I think it needs to go on the frame rack too for about 1/8th to 1/4" of reset.

Thank *** that the airbags did not pop. 2 front end crashes in one year and no airbag pop.

I hate driving my Mustang in the snow or rain. I can drink, smoke, talk on a cell and drive with my leg and never wreck, but when everything is perfect and straight but the weather or other people happen, that's what scares me.

I buy a whoopty and it lasts for ten years. I buy two Mustangs and nearly total them both out in one year. It has nothing to do with my driving either. Blah!!!! Sorry no pics. I just let the F******n body shop have the Cobra until it's done. Now I can beat the S**t out of my rental truck!

******Watch for small puddles, they may be dangerous********

my car did the same thing on street tires...spun 180 degrees on a road wit salt residue from snow the day before...went 2 change lanes stomped on it at the same time....spun 180 degreees went across 3 lanes....stopped about a foot from the guard rail nobody even stopped 2 see that i almost **** myself...made me late for work so i went an got breakfast and said fock it....took my time on the way 2 work...and i only have a 10 minute drive :lol: :lol: :lol: