The long awaited update on Pakrat's Stang.

It's been a long uphill battle since the accident in October of 2004 but at the request of Chepsk8 here is an update on where I am today. The car is back in my garage as of last week waiting for room in the paint booth. The engine is completely disassmbled on a stand and should be all repainted and dressed up by the end of the month just in time to get reinstalled so more updates to come in October making 2 years + to complete this project.

Modifications include but are not limited to:
2 1/2" Magnaflow stainless exhaust system
13" Mustang Steve Cobra front discs
17" Billet Magnum 500's to accomodate them
Global West sub frames
4 way electric window kit
Custom glassed Shelby rear end to stock tail panel
Shelby side scoops
Shelby convertible roll bar with modified window crank ports for rear speakers
1985 Fiero seats with head rest speakers (custom upholstered to match the stock interior)
Functional open hood ram air with Cobra dress up
Lots and lots of other new and refinshed parts I can't think of right now.

And if there is enough left over than a 5spd converison (looking for a deal) and 3:25 gears.

Way too many pics to post so here is a link to the gallery I have been documenting them in. Sorry it's a little unorganized but there will be plenty of time for that this winter while the car sleeps awaiting the long overdue cruise at the first sign of spring.:D

http://www.1969stang.com/gallery/Car-and-tech-pics?page=1

• Sponsors (?)

jes72mustang said:
Hey Pak,

GReat Pictures. THanks for sharing, I look forward to seeing the finished product.

BTW, Did your friend ever find a mustang for his wife?

No he didn't but I believe he is still looking as a suprise for her next birthday now. I don't actually work with him anymore but I'm curious, did he ever take care of you for your kind efforts?

Pak,

Lot's of T-5 tranny's over on the FFR Cobra site I am also active on. Here'a a link to the classfieds - http://www.ffcobra.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/ubb/forum/f/3.html

As for the clutch, I use the JMC slave kit on my T-5, and they offer the M/C, or you can do your own. Jimmy Kelly did this on his 72. I did my own M/C on the Cobra, using CNC stuff. Dead Nuts reliable, easy as a Toyota. I REALLY recommend you put aside some $$$ and do this swap, you will NOT regret it. Not to mention your old 3-Speed only had a 2:32 first gear, and the T-5 has a 3.09 first.....

chepsk8 said:
Pak,

Lot's of T-5 tranny's over on the FFR Cobra site I am also active on. Here'a a link to the classfieds - http://www.ffcobra.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/ubb/forum/f/3.html

As for the clutch, I use the JMC slave kit on my T-5, and they offer the M/C, or you can do your own. Jimmy Kelly did this on his 72. I did my own M/C on the Cobra, using CNC stuff. Dead Nuts reliable, easy as a Toyota. I REALLY recommend you put aside some $$$ and do this swap, you will NOT regret it. Not to mention your old 3-Speed only had a 2:32 first gear, and the T-5 has a 3.09 first.....

Oh it's on the list for sure, just not at the top. You know me, I'm a cruiser not a bruiser and I enjoy my little 3spd everyone likes to $hit on so badly. It's like having a semi automatic going from 15 to 60 in 2nd gear alone. I'm not done with this car by any means but I want to get back to enjoying it again for a while before I do any more work or spend anymore money.

doug68hoss said:
poor bosco...give that dog some attention ..lol..love that dog..hope he is still alive and lifting leg.

Oh he gets attention believe me, just not that day. He turns 4 this month and weighs in at just over 100lbs. He's at his peak weight, time to lay off the cookies and pig ears.

I still have his baby pics up at my old and badly needs updating cardomain site. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/109505/7

Sometimes I think he misses the vert more than I do, if that's possible. I just wish I had him and the car before I was married, combined they are a total babe magnet!

Pak, I just finally took the time to look at your page and all the work on your vert.

All I can say is Day-um, brother! :eek: :drool:

All looks great - even Bosco. Personal tastes being what they are, I'd have stayed with the Gulfstream Aqua; but I'm sure it's gonna look cool with the Ford Medium Blue. How can it not? :nice:

Someday, I'll probably be in the same "restructure mode" with Jessie's Cougar. No major accident damage that I know of; but more rust than you had (original Colorado car, too much time in snowbanks). When that time comes, I hope it looks as clean when we're done.