Status
Not open for further replies.
One small step for Mike kind, one giant leap for the Monster.....

(I think I'll coin that phrase,.....seems like it might take)

So,....All things being things, I'm back in the garage by 11 AM. Staying true to my previous statement, I walked right past the Monster, opened my rickety assed folding work bench thingy, and proceeded to finish the doors.

60A44BC9-4441-4DEB-A199-4700BCAE49DA_zpsuojdjhrt.jpg

Sitting here,....blocked and primed,...No orange peel. Go figure.

So they aren't perfect the bottom of the driver door still has some incidental damage (aka low in the rear most corner).

Evidently, the crusty old bat that owned it before flung the door open regardless of what she parked next to. When I first started working these doors earlier this year, the entire bottom edge of that door had suffered similar strikes against hard surfaces.

I also said that If she was still around, I'd strike her w/ a hard surface just so she'd grow to appreciate that.

But alas, I believe that she has gone on to the great previous fairmont owners club in the sky,..where there are no walls, or curbs, and everybody can eat their fill of strained carrots and fling open their driver's side door with reckless abandon, all w/o fear of bending the p iss out of the bottom edge.

That takes two away from the six pieces that need finishing. The trunk is next, and should be similarly close like the doors.
That leaves the two fenders...(miles away from being done) and that freakin wonky assed hood. Then I got to straighten out the pieces that were attached to Mike's Paint Pavillion when it decided to become a UFO,...strip the gas tank door, prep the mirrors, and were talking plane tickets, hotel accommodations, and beer,........probably lots of beer.

I'm thinkin a potential late June paint job?.......

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Or Conversely,....

I could just talk to this ass hole and see if he wants to sell his car.
48A36DAF-A912-42D6-8310-B4478A0E719A_zpsndual68j.jpg

DC45943D-93B5-47C8-81A8-6A5BF2D2ACEA_zpspjvlbgtl.jpg

The collectible Lime rock edition M3....Probably will require that I mortgage the house to buy it.

It is very fast, It's orange, and there aren't many of these things around. Especially in this color.

You might be thinkin...
"Aww Mike,....You're just jealous......Just because this guy has enough money to be able to buy one of these doesn't make him an ass......."

To which I'd say "Yeah,......You're right.......Just because he owns it does not automatically make him a prick..."

The fact that he carries around these signs with him does though.

6F2107DA-7908-4CA0-AE82-D87272EA2932_zpsn73ehuhn.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
One small step for Mike kind, one giant leap for the Monster.....

(I think I'll coin that phrase,.....seems like it might take)

So,....All things being things, I'm back in the garage by 11 AM. Staying true to my previous statement, I walked right past the Monster, opened my rickety assed folding work bench thingy, and proceeded to finish the doors.

60A44BC9-4441-4DEB-A199-4700BCAE49DA_zpsuojdjhrt.jpg

Sitting here,....blocked and primed,...No orange peel. Go figure.

So they aren't perfect the bottom of the driver door still has some incidental damage (aka low in the rear most corner).

Evidently, the crusty old bat that owned it before flung the door open regardless of what she parked next to. When I first started working these doors earlier this year, the entire bottom edge of that door had suffered similar strikes against hard surfaces.

I also said that If she was still around, I'd strike her w/ a hard surface just so she'd grow to appreciate that.

But alas, I believe that she has gone on to the great previous fairmont owners club in the sky,..where there are no walls, or curbs, and everybody can eat their fill of strained carrots and fling open their driver's side door with reckless abandon, all w/o fear of bending the p iss out of the bottom edge.

That takes two away from the six pieces that need finishing. The trunk is next, and should be similarly close like the doors.
That leaves the two fenders...(miles away from being done) and that freakin wonky assed hood. Then I got to straighten out the pieces that were attached to Mike's Paint Pavillion when it decided to become a UFO,...strip the gas tank door, prep the mirrors, and were talking plane tickets, hotel accommodations, and beer,........probably lots of beer.

I'm thinkin a potential late June paint job?.......
Late June is fine with me Mike.

I won't be able to take off work for this, so, I fly out of here on a Friday evening, get there.

Work like crazy all day Saturday depending on what you have done. I would like to mask the monster, if that's alright with you.

Depending on weather, either paint it Saturday evening or early Sunday morning. Leave Sunday afternoon back to Tulsa.

Of course there will need to be refreshments during most phases of this project.:nice:

Cool for you?

Reactions: 1 user
Late June is fine with me Mike.

I won't be able to take off work for this, so, I fly out of here on a Friday evening, get there.

Work like crazy all day Saturday depending on what you have done. I would like to mask the monster, if that's alright with you.

Depending on weather, either paint it Saturday evening or early Sunday morning. Leave Sunday afternoon back to Tulsa.

Of course there will need to be refreshments during most phases of this project.:nice:

Cool for you?
As I was expecting.

Or Conversely,....

I could just talk to this ass hole and see if he wants to sell his car.
48A36DAF-A912-42D6-8310-B4478A0E719A_zpsndual68j.jpg

DC45943D-93B5-47C8-81A8-6A5BF2D2ACEA_zpspjvlbgtl.jpg

The collectible Lime rock edition M3....Probably will require that I mortgage the house to buy it.

It is very fast, It's orange, and there aren't many of these things around. Especially in this color.

You might be thinkin...
"Aww Mike,....You're just jealous......Just because this guy has enough money to be able to buy one of these doesn't make him an ass......."

To which I'd say "Yeah,......You're right.......Just because he owns it does not automatically make him a prick..."

The fact that he carries around these signs with him does though.

6F2107DA-7908-4CA0-AE82-D87272EA2932_zpsn73ehuhn.jpg

Just thinking out loud- Since it's highly likely that Dave is gonna paint the monster-and that you work for a Beamer dealership, could you not aquire that particular Beamer orange paint from your place of employment at a discounted rate?

Just thinking out loud- Since it's highly likely that Dave is gonna paint the monster-and that you work for a Beamer dealership, could you not aquire that particular Beamer orange paint from your place of employment at a discounted rate?

I think bmw uses spies hecker paint. Discounted it's probably more expensive than ppg's value line, haha.

Reactions: 1 user
True-but if this is mikes "last" build, his "final" masterpiece-why cheap out on the paint/and not use the full talent of award winning painter extraordinaire Dave da car painter :)
Jeeeeeeez. The paint will run about $1200, give or take.

I would not have paid for that paint I have on my car, it's too expensive. It is some of the best out there, but it's too expensive.

I got it for free because I'm just so cool, friendly, lovable and all around great guy!:D

Reactions: 2 users
I dont know about anyone else, but I feel like I want to go to Birmingham for this weekend event, just to sit in a lawn chair, get a tan from the southern sun, drink beer, and watch these two knock this thing out. Seems like this should be a "live on PPV" event for us Stangnetters.

PS, that BMW owner is just asking for an a$$hole like me to take a s hit on his hood. I like to think my car is pretty nice for what it is. It gets a lot of looks, compliments, and even random offers here and there, but I would never consider going to that extreme to draw attention to, errrr, "away" from my car.

PPS, had to blow off steam after work yesterday, and my president told me my company doesnt own the street out front... There were several people watching, so I assume my friend Jodee doing the video was laughing at someone in the beginning, not really sure.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLdSk9-NL9c

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
C'mon Dave- find the middle ground paint wise lol
There is a middle ground CHRIS,...(see I used your name too, Chris.)

PPG branded would be the middle ground. Probably a couple of hundred extra for the stuff over the entry level product. I don't know,...if there was a difference other than durability, I'd consider it, but this car will live inside. Exposure to the sun will only happen when Dave, and I drive to MW in 2017.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.