The "next" Hack Attack

I know, I got busy and was away from the computer. I'll catch you today on there and we'll finish up. And Justin...it will be a good time if you guys come out this summer, that I can promise.

Already talked to the Wife.. She's down so we gotta set up a date. I'll be road tripping the stang :nice:

Thanks guys. I can't wait either. Just gotta pick some wheels. I just sold my 96-97 Cobra wheels to a guy. I've got a pair of 04 Cobra chrome replicas, but I always wanted FR500's. Hack Job wouldn't accept them with that 2001 rear axle because they weren't available in the offset I needed.

I'm open to opinions on color and wheels. :nice:

You know how i feel about this one.......

IMG_6524.jpg

I'm a little bias though :D

• Sponsors (?)

Already talked to the Wife.. She's down so we gotta set up a date. I'll be road tripping the stang :nice:

You know how i feel about this one.......

IMG_6524.jpg

I'm a little bias though :D

Yeah, Justin, we'll talk about what time would be good.

Your rear end was Fox housing, Ranger axles, NRC caliper brackets correct? I think I want to go that route this time versus 94-98 housing. I will never go 99-04 housing again because I was forced to use +45mm Bullits. Nothing wrong with them, but this time I want FR500's or 18" Saleens, or 17x10.5 Cobra chromes. Even with a 94-98 rear, I would need to get 18X10 +45mm wheels. I couldn't even go 10.5" cause they would still stick out.

Your rear end was Fox housing, Ranger axles, NRC caliper brackets correct? I think I want to go that route this time versus 94-98 housing. I will never go 99-04 housing again because I was forced to use +45mm Bullits. Nothing wrong with them, but this time I want FR500's or 18" Saleens, or 17x10.5 Cobra chromes. Even with a 94-98 rear, I would need to get 18X10 +45mm wheels. I couldn't even go 10.5" cause they would still stick out.

Yeah some times i wish i went that route as well, but ever since i was 10 years old i knew i wanted cobras on my car so i did 95 axle, but man i would sure love me some silver new edge Saleens in a 18x9

Yeah some times i wish i went that route as well, but ever since i was 10 years old i knew i wanted cobras on my car so i did 95 axle, but man i would sure love me some silver new edge Saleens in a 18x9

Your dream has come true. These 18X9's have a +36mm offest and will fit on your fox with a 95 axle. It will be very close to the outer edge. It probably will not rub on the edge of the quarter. A +45mm offest is key, but +36 will work.

Chrome Mustang Saleen Wheel - 2005+ (18x9) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Yep! I went stock fox housing, Ranger axles (which you got me :nice:) and NRC caliper brackets.

however, when you are searching out rear calipers go with 94-95's (i think 96-98's too but not 100%) . they have a different hard line then the 99-04's. If you remember mine were from an 01 gt, so for the rear i just did a custom job. Bough a bunch of brake hard line and went to down with a custom setup. Works great but i think it would be easier if you went with the 94-98(?) hard line off the rear caliper. Just my findings :nice:

Thanks 67coupe. I can't wait either. I've been cleaing up around here making room for stuff. I have a 95GT right now almost done, I need to take that home and get it outta here.

BTW....anybody have and experience with a 93 Cobra rear cover? Cervinis makes them and I'm sure it's a POS with no brackets. It says you have to use 3M two-way tape. Anybody have one? And is it quality? I know I can get it to fit, but is it worth it?

Yep! I went stock fox housing, Ranger axles (which you got me :nice:) and NRC caliper brackets.

however, when you are searching out rear calipers go with 94-95's (i think 96-98's too but not 100%) . they have a different hard line then the 99-04's. If you remember mine were from an 01 gt, so for the rear i just did a custom job. Bough a bunch of brake hard line and went to down with a custom setup. Works great but i think it would be easier if you went with the 94-98(?) hard line off the rear caliper. Just my findings :nice:

I remember you saying that you had to go through some stuff. I felt bad about that, but all my 94-95 stuff was rough looking and 150K miles. I was nervous to sell those to you. Yeah, 94-95 is unique. The lines bolt to the rear end housing.

So fox rear end guys....go with 94-95 stuff. 94-98 or 99-01 housing, any 96-04 caliper set up will work.

I remember you saying that you had to go through some stuff. I felt bad about that, but all my 94-95 stuff was rough looking and 150K miles. I was nervous to sell those to you. Yeah, 94-95 is unique. The lines bolt to the rear end housing.

So fox rear end guys....go with 94-95 stuff. 94-98 or 99-01 housing, any 96-04 caliper set up will work.

If you do a 94/95 rear axle the hard lines are just like the fox, soft line connects to the center of a t fitting on the axle that attaches to the chassis, so you dont need to modify the lines anywhere, and everythig else will work as it should, how wide to you want to go out back? 17x9's without quads will fit 275's on a 6.5" backspaced rim with a 36mmish offset

I like white GT's :nice:

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/799980-greensvt21s-project-thread.html

I think a hatch project is going to slick!

Thanks. It will be cool because I've already done two notches, so why not change it up. Your project looked cool too. It's nice to really clean up the engine bay. That's one thing I regret not doing on my 1991 black notch. It was beautiful, besides the engine bay. I left it nasty and never popped the hood.

If you do a 94/95 rear axle the hard lines are just like the fox, soft line connects to the center of a t fitting on the axle that attaches to the chassis, so you dont need to modify the lines anywhere, and everythig else will work as it should, how wide to you want to go out back? 17x9's without quads will fit 275's on a 6.5" backspaced rim with a 36mmish offset

I'm still thinking of what to do. The Cobra I have, has 3.73 gears already installed and new bushings up top. The 94-95 GT's I have only have 3.08's and 3.27's. The fox rear ends have 1,000,000,000 miles on them and rotted bushings and 2.73/3.08/3.27's.

I want to save more money on this car instead of spend spend spend like I did on Hack Job. I'll prolly just use the 97 axle since it's got all the stuff on it.

What should the name of this project be when I start the official progress thread?

Thanks. It will be cool because I've already done two notches, so why not change it up. Your project looked cool too. It's nice to really clean up the engine bay. That's one thing I regret not doing on my 1991 black notch. It was beautiful, besides the engine bay. I left it nasty and never popped the hood.

I'm still thinking of what to do. The Cobra I have, has 3.73 gears already installed and new bushings up top. The 94-95 GT's I have only have 3.08's and 3.27's. The fox rear ends have 1,000,000,000 miles on them and rotted bushings and 2.73/3.08/3.27's.

I'm trying to really save as much money as possible on this build versus what I spent on Hack Job, so I might just use my 97 Cobra rear end with all the goodies already installed. I'm not gonna go totally cheap though. The car will be just as nice....excuse me...better than Hack Job, but I want to cut a couple costs here and there.

What should the name of this project be when I start the official progress thread?

Wack Hack? :)

Hack job got its name because all the 4 eyed guys were being noobs and complaining that Matt was "hacking" up a 4 eye..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

So since this is a different type of project i think we should stay away from "hack".. I like 4Mod Fox... its diesel