the SRTthis build thread

srtthis

the guy doing it does every local racers rear end
15 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
figured everyone else has one why not me...

this is a tight budget winter built...

backround.
picked the car up around september... was told it had an E cam ported E7's ported stock t-body 1.7's
well when i started going over the car setting timing changing plugs and all that... i found the car had -4* of timing which caused it to idle very close to the sound of an E cam with 1.7's

so timing set to 14* and it idled very stockish so i figured it was stock down to the cam...

so winter comes along. had a valve cover leak so i pulled the intake off to clean it up and replace the valve cover gaskets...
found thiswhen i got the valve covers of...
stuffmissing.jpg

so i look at the heads a bit more... they have some mild porting done... check my stock intake that i pulled off. has some port work done there also... so here i am with 1 dirty ass stock ported intake and 1 clean fresh virgin intake
not wonting to a step back i decide tha since im on such a tight budget... a typhoon intake would be a good route to go. (havent ordered yet though xmas is here moneys tight)

since i have it this far apart i might as well pull the cam and check it...
after fighting with the crank bolt i made it my bitch and got the cam out... no E303 stamped on it... just MD no idea what that is... im assuming its stock...

so found a guy to trade my R12 AC system i pulled off for a B303 cam
P1010326.jpg

heres how its sitting now

more plans for this winter.
qa1 coil overs on the front (have)
strange shocks on the back
full length sub frames
welded torque boxes
UPR solid pro lowers (have)
solid uppers
solid motor mounts

ohhh and lots and lots of nitrous!

• Sponsors (?)

Awesome.....Keep the pics coming!

will do... may throw some in here from the race car motor build. it shot a rod at the Ford fever classic at the 1/8 and bunt alot of **** up. so so the motors coming back apart again... that motor will give you bastards a stiffy

Oh I thought that was it...LOL...But i wouldnt make to much fun of them...I know a few VERY VERY fast SRT's...and the funny thing is they weigh tons too if they were lighter Man they would be unbelievable...I had an 2006 SRT8 Magnum i had a few things done to it ran 12.0@118on street tires..and it weighed with me it 4600 lbs...:eek:..I know of one running in the 9's full wirght car....roll bar all safety equipment it weighs over 4600 lbs...I know he has tons of work done to it but still it fliesssss....LOL....I have 2 stangs i cant wait to get my 87 done so i can go race some of those guys...:nice:

Meh, srt smessrt.... Havent met one that has sent me packin yet.
SRT4-SPANKED when I was NA. By a looooong shot
SRT8 Charger w/nitrous-OWNED
SRT10-didnt stand a chance, then again it IS a truck

yea im not a big fan of mopar hunks of ****...

anyway when i had a lightning i thought of the name cuz the SRT10 guys claimed they were the king of the street trucks. yet they only ones that would race me were twin turboed and **** like that...

that being said i am friends mike@ bwoody

Believe me im not starting trouble by no means I had an SRT magnum very fast car...Here on the East coast I belonged to LX forums...look on there there are many SRT'S in 10's and now in the 9's And were not taling a 3400 lb mustang Were talking 4600 LBS!!!!!!!! Thats alot of HP to move that boat...IMO....And yes our mustang our fast but they can not stop like an SRT or handle like an SRT and wont have the top speed and be stable enough like an SRT...Stock SRT'S can run up to 180 mph plus dont believe thats fine go read look for yourselevs...I own 2 mustangs now and love them...and im with you guys trying to build one hella of fast one too..:nice:

also going to 17x10.5's with 315's out back... flipping the brake brackets on the SVO rear and going to shorter axles. then going to town with the mini sledge to get them in there
mustangtuning_2081_499688733.jpg

Those SRT trucks have nothing on lightnings, stock for stock yea, but the L's take off with little work.

Back on topic, that car is clean man, I hope you took a dump on the GTR's hood :D and definitly post some pics of the race car.

Those SRT trucks have nothing on lightnings, stock for stock yea, but the L's take off with little work.

Back on topic, that car is clean man, I hope you took a dump on the GTR's hood :D and definitly post some pics of the race car.

that GTR runs 10.95@125 on the old tune.. should be closer to the .70's now... dont think ill have THAT much nitrous in it..

i miss my lightning for sure. it was a bad ass truck for sure. went 12.76@107 on 9lbs of boost nittos open filter and tune

I meant poop litterally, and yea i had a 03 lightning, ran mid 13's bone stock, i miss that truck that was the worst move i ever made trading it :(

I miss my 04 Lightning as well, put a 6lb lower pulley, had the eaton ported @ steigmeyer (awesome work and cheap) filter, Bassani exhaust (nothing sounds better on a lightning) and tune. That sucker ran for a truck, I could never justify buying long tubes for it, $$$$$$$

I miss my 04 Lightning as well, put a 6lb lower pulley, had the eaton ported @ steigmeyer (awesome work and cheap) filter, Bassani exhaust (nothing sounds better on a lightning) and tune. That sucker ran for a truck, I could never justify buying long tubes for it, $$$$$$$

mine was a 275 upper pulley amazon tuned JBA shortys off road mids bassani cat back PI converter JLP built trans metco lowers ported throttle body 2 inch shackles...
went 12.76@107 on nittos and 12.83@107 on F1s