The under 20k Gt really does exist!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not sure where some of these guys are getting these numbers. The dealer I bought mine from took some off the MSRP and then the $2500 rebate brought it to about 22,000. I am not sure how they took off another $2000 off the price I bought mine for.

spectravp said:
I agree with you. Even your number is pretty solid. Mustang sales are still good as I understand it... I can't see them giving these things away. And for the $19,995 that this guy claims, I just don't believe it. Besides, in his original thread, it sounds like he negotiated away with a dealer and got that number; then he asks this forum if 0% financing is available!!?!? C'mon... don't you think that would have been discussed during his master negiotation??? This guy is full of **it!

Sorry, I have to raise the :bs: flag.

Actually Mustang sales are in the toilet right now. Sales were pretty good through May, but they tanked in June and did not recover in July. So buy the time September arrives, I don't think that a $20K GT is out of the question, at least if it's a 2004.

Month....2004.......2003.......% Change
June......8,030...... 13,226....-39.3%
July.......8,263......10,523....-21.5%
July YTD.81,596.... 88,692

Sales were good early in the year because Ford was offering huge rebates on everything. Hell, at one time you could get a brand new '03 Cobra for $7k off MSRP with rebates. Now things have stabilized a bit. I think they're trying to keep it steady so they run out of 04's just as the 05's hit the lots.

For months I've been following the action over on the CorvetteForum.com. Similar situation to the '05 Stang, only sooner (new '05 vettes are now being built). Some screaming deals on new '04 vettes especially if you're willing to buy out-of-state.

Dealers can always find buyers for a great deal. But if their inventory is low, why discount heavily until the new '05 arrives?

Bottom Line: Before you go shopping, check your dealer inventory at http://www.fordvehicles.com/dealerships/
Yes, I know the online inventory isn't totatlly up-to-date. But it'll give you an idea. For instance, one local dealer lists no Mach's. And I heard that a dealer in Michigan has 15 Mach's listed. Guess where the best deal is.

Earlier in the year you could get a brand new 03 GT for 20k and an 04 GT for a little more.. It was offered to me when i was looking to upgrade to a newer 5 speed. I would have gone with the deal if the dealer didn't lie to me about other things. The Mach1's had similar rebates offered, but i don't know about being only 22K i think it was closer to 24-26k at least in Jan/Febuary. Ford was offering many deals on the 04's, but they said that they sold so many so quickly that they were cutting back on the rebates so that they hopefully don't run out of the 04's before the 05's come out.

chad2001 said:
Yeah, they are still doing the $2500 rebate on the 04's. I just got a quote on a GT premium of $20,9xx. I am tempted to just get the 04 and not wait for the 05 with prices like that.

I bought my 02 with the following rebates

MSRP $25015
-$2000 off from factory
-$3000 from dealer
-$400 college degree discount

$19615

I think you can do bette than 21-22k especially considering they are going to want to get the 04's out quick with a totally redesigned car coming in.

kirkyg

chad2001 said:
Yeah, they are still doing the $2500 rebate on the 04's. I just got a quote on a GT premium of $20,9xx. I am tempted to just get the 04 and not wait for the 05 with prices like that.

I think when the 05 cars actually appear on the lots, remaining 04's will drop even further than they are selling for currently, in a dealer bid to shift them. I'm waiting till the 05's are on the lots then I'll be in for a remaining 04

GT-03 said:
I read an ad the other day where someone was asking $28K for their stock, used, 2003 Mach. :rlaugh:

I was asking questions at a Ford Dealership a couple weeks back (about a Roush they had) and the salesman wanted to show me a used Mach 1 they had on the lot. He told me it was a good deal, only $28,500! I told him that a new Mach 1 was roughly $30,000 minus $3,000 in rebates for a total of $27,000. He stopped trying to BS me after that.

manicmustangman said:
I was asking questions at a Ford Dealership a couple weeks back (about a Roush they had) and the salesman wanted to show me a used Mach 1 they had on the lot. He told me it was a good deal, only $28,500! I told him that a new Mach 1 was roughly $30,000 minus $3,000 in rebates for a total of $27,000. He stopped trying to BS me after that.

Actually, machs usually sell for about 23k.

kirkyg