Thinkin about this license plate frame...

Should I buy this frame?

• Yes - it's looks sweet

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • No - save the money for beer and video games

Votes: 15 75.0%

• Total voters
timeless2 said:
I cannot see why one would, unless the dealer PAID someone for it to remain in place or he/she really liked the dealer. Most people probably don't give a flyin' F, however.
if you wreck it right away as some people do, after it is fixed, there are no more dealer stickers!!

• Sponsors (?)

I've never had a car with dealership stickers :)

Fortunately, the guy who bought my current car (when it was brand new) took it home and removed the dealership sticker asap, so the paint didn't fade and then be visible when the sticker was finally removed. :D

What you have is not bad, much better than being naked and unfinished and keeps the plate in shape. I voted no because it covers the state lettering and the cost though.

For the front I went with the stangnet lice. place holder and for the rear, I chose just to do the 15.00 std. chrome mustang one that I think looks pretty good for what it does.

523851_28_full.jpg

Nice cars guys, personally I wouldn't get it just because I don't think it would look good if you had Mach1 displayed twice in a 2 foot radius in the back. Maybe just remove the existing dealer one, clean up your plate, and be done with it?

I guess you guys are lucky or I am targeted by the popo ... I have a lisense plate frame that says SALEEN on the bottom which Steve Saleen gave me at a Mustang car show a few years ago (awesome car show like 6,000 mustangs there). Anyway, I got pulled over twice for "illegal display of plates". A big WTF because at the time I worked at a dealership and we used to put them on new cars (as you all have been discussing) and I got two written warnings. I think it was just an excuse to pull me over but I got tired of being pulled so I took it off and it's in my room. :(

The cops said that it's "illegal" because it covers half of the month and year on the stickers. :rolleyes: Go catch bad guys idiots. :nonono:

LI98GTStang said:
I chose just to do the 15.00 std. chrome mustang one that I think looks pretty good for what it does.

523851_28_full.jpg

I have that same frame, it's a bit pitted from the salty winter roads and what not, forgot to take it off one winter. Anyway to get that one shining again :shrug:

san~man said:
Is it me, or is you car sitting crooked? I hope it's the ground or the camera angle, but the curb below the rear bumper looks level :shrug:

Ha, yea it's definitly the ground, the space isn't exactly level, sorta slopes down towards the front driver's side whee. If I had a head on pic of the car you'd see what I meant.

If you like it it looks like high quality stuff. You probably won't get something like that for less than $30 since it is billet aluminum and powdercoated. Most frames are either a cheap low grade casting or stamped steel with a little chrome or paint. I should know a little about this stuff because I've been a metal fabricator for 15 years and I program and run lasers.

I left my dealer plate frame on the car cuz I didn't think it looked that bad...
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h13/BlacknBlue2002/plateframe.jpg
...I mean technically my car is a 'beach ford'...and the red/white/blue theme kinda flows with the horse and the rest of my car

I used to have the same frame on the back till I got my Mongoose kit...decided I'd throw the cheap vortech one on instead...
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h13/BlacknBlue2002/vortechframe.jpg
(don't mention the huge scratch down the center of the bumper...i pretend that it does not exist)

I have the chrome Cobra license plate frame from MGW. It's triple plated and of the highest quality! It's so beefy that my struts are unable to lift the trunk open without some assistance!

It's well worth the cash as is everything MGW sells...

U.M.

Not the best picture of it...

ass.jpg

Attachments

• ass.jpg
    ass.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 57
Uncle Meat said:
I have the chrome Cobra license plate frame from MGW. It's triple plated and of the highest quality! It's so beefy that my struts are unable to lift the trunk open without some assistance!

It's well worth the cash as is everything MGW sells...

U.M.

Not the best picture of it...

ass.jpg

Dude I don't wanna sound gay or anything, but your car has a nice ass...I was just about to give up on it, now I want it again cause of that pic lol.

tomustang said:
That's one hot mutha ****ing ride bro :nice: bow it down :hail2: RESPECT!!

4 LYF3!!

View attachment 464093

$50 is a bit steep but if you have the money, get what you like and be happy. Back a few years ago, my ex-brother in law had a plate that said, "NO FEAR" so I put one on that said, "FEAR THIS". Since then we both divorced our wifes, hot they may have been but guys gotta do what guys gotta do... :p

My current plate frames are basic chrome.