Thinking about buying this GT (help*)

GTFletch

Aug 21, 2006
Hey guys, right now i drive a ford focus.(manual, with ur basic bolt ons)...this was a great first car but now im thinking i need an upgrade...u know what i mean

well im looking for a v8 rear wheel drive car (tired of front) and i think the mustang gt is my best bet.....well anyways i found this 2002 mustang gt (black, 43,000, manual, leather, the nice rims, wing, traction control) they are asking for 15,700....and i think im gonna ask for less

so what do u guys think...should i get a mustang gt (tell me how u like yours)...and should i go with this car...anything i should look out for...im going to test drive it tomorrow

thanks alot guys

Fletch

• Sponsors (?)

this would be the perfect opportunity for a shameless plug, but I wont do it. :(

You can do better on the price if you look around. For example, Im selling my 02 GT with 50k miles for $13k. :D

That car is way the hell over-priced.

Here's something for you to compare it with: I bought my 2001 GT premium/leather/machsoundsystem/etc with only 12,000 miles from a Ford dealer in 2003 for $15,000. This was in 2003! and from a STEALERship! be patient, look around. I know when I was shopping for my car, every car I looked at I felt like i was desperate to get it at any cost. but just be patient

Definitely move up to a GT.....be patient, shop around....get some good ideas of what the car you want is actually worth.
www.kbb.com
www.edmunds.com
When you go to a dealership, don't forget that they will stick it in your arse and break it off if you let them. Best tactic is to know the value, and refuse to negotiate off of the price, but instead to demand to see the dealer cost and negotiate how much profit they will make. If the "cost" number is higher than what you see for trade in value on those websites, walk away.

yeah i have been looking around alot lately....but this car is in perfect condition....i only found one mark, thats it

i checked on the pricing for my area code and its over priced by 300 dollars or so.....so if i decide to get it, im definitly gonna really try for a much lower price.....like im thinking 14000 to 14500 if not ill just be patient

what do u think?

I payed 13,600 for my 2001 Steeda Vert in 04. 32k.. look around you'll find a better deal.

funny side note, it was a chevy stealership I bought it from. I asked them what Steeda meant (i already knew of course) and the salesman said he thought it was a mustang club the previous owner belonged to.:rlaugh:

I would have to agree with the majority here. Shop around. I bought my 02 GT last year for $15000.00. It only had 15k miles on it, was in showroom condition, had cobra R rims, and had damn near every option available. I ended up driving into rain on the way home & watched the water bead up on the fresh wax job the previous owner had done. I am never giving this car up!

JRS02GT said:
I would have to agree with the majority here. Shop around. I bought my 02 GT last year for $15000.00. It only had 15k miles on it, was in showroom condition, had cobra R rims, and had damn near every option available. I ended up driving into rain on the way home & watched the water bead up on the fresh wax job the previous owner had done. I am never giving this car up!
You drove it in the rain? :mad:

Price seems a little high, but you didnt say whether it was from a dealership or private party which will make a difference in price. I bought my 02 gt in october last year (its almost our anniversary) for 13,400 from a private party. That was with 36,000 and that was fully loaded.

yeah the car is in at a local dealership...its is in great condition, almost every option availiable, black, 40000 miles,...i only found one scratch......umm idk..what else do u need

i live in missouri, we have bad winters every now and then....but can i really not drive it in any snow..even with good winter tires??

If your gonna blow damn near $15,000 on a GT, screw that noise and spend $3K more and get a Mach. It'll blow the doors off a GT, looks like a million bucks, and you've got a 4V platform to start from. A truly unbiased answer. :rolleyes:

GTFletch said:
yeah the car is in at a local dealership...its is in great condition, almost every option availiable, black, 40000 miles,...i only found one scratch......umm idk..what else do u need

i live in missouri, we have bad winters every now and then....but can i really not drive it in any snow..even with good winter tires??
Need to know if it is stock or modified. Lets see some pics of the engine, body, interior, and underside.

www.nada.com
www.kbb.com

My car was in perfect condition when I bought it, inside and out. It did take three days of haggling though. Rembmer, I bought a 2-year-old mustang premium with 12,000 miles for $15,000 in SOUHTERN CALIFORNIA from Power Ford

You're looking at a 4-year old car with 40,000 miles.... I don't care if it's in PERFECT condition, so was mine. Offer them $9,000 and work with them, i think a fair buying price would be $10,500-$11,000.