thinking about moving to FL - suggestions

chaos254

Founding Member
Jul 27, 2002
NJ
Hey everyone, I will be finishing up college either at the end of this semester(may) or at the end of summer and was thinking about moving to Florida. Just wondering if you Florida guys can give me a heads up on good locations in Florida. I'd prefer a town/city by the beach... I was looking at Daytona beach because my one friend lives there. Just want a decent area to make some money and not that high of a living expensive. My major is crim with a minor in sociology if that makes a difference job wise. I'm not necessarily looking for jobs in my field... I just want to get the hell out of PA/NJ area. Been here for way too long and I'm looking for a nice change with some warmer weather! thanks for any help...

• Sponsors (?)

Engel said:
I live at fort walton beach during the summers (panhandle) , 10 min away from white beaches, an hour away from pensecola and 2 hrs away from panama city :shrug:
:Word:

i just moved back home from FWB/Destin. it is really nice there. traffic is a joke, and it is pretty isolated--especially since Biloxi and NO are gone. cost of living is decent, but you aren't going to have much national buying power. all in all, the gulf side is 10x nicer than any atlantic city imo. good luck, i hope you like ball-sweatin heat.

chaos254 said:
Hey everyone, I will be finishing up college either at the end of this semester(may) or at the end of summer and was thinking about moving to Florida. Just wondering if you Florida guys can give me a heads up on good locations in Florida. I'd prefer a town/city by the beach... I was looking at Daytona beach because my one friend lives there. Just want a decent area to make some money and not that high of a living expensive. My major is crim with a minor in sociology if that makes a difference job wise. I'm not necessarily looking for jobs in my field... I just want to get the hell out of PA/NJ area. Been here for way too long and I'm looking for a nice change with some warmer weather! thanks for any help...
Clearwater,Fl or Tampa, FL would be a great place to live near the beach (west coast). But if you don't mind driving about an hour and a half to get to a beach then I would suggest Lakeland, Fl. Lakeland is an hour away from CLearwater/st. Petersberg and about another half an hour to Tampa. It's pretty much in the middle of all the "big citys" with out the city traffic/prices.

Jacksonville is cheap, but I didn't care for it too much. I lived there 1.5 years. It is the largest city land-wise in the United States, and it seemed like it was a 45 minute drive to get anywhere. It is known as the armpit of Florida. I'm not sure about the job market, but I would suggest looking into Pensacola, FL. White sand beaches, women, women, and women. I was there 4 months, and loved it.
Brandon

after college i plan on moving somewhere warm. one of my best freinds just moved to St Augustine, Fl. Me and some freinds are making a road trip there in february to visit him and to see what florida is like.

Anyone feel like showing me around?