This gay marraige thing is personal now, traffic, and the Bible...

• Sponsors (?)

468LC said:
Well dave you must not be a very good judge of character.:D
Perhaps not :D. But I can tell you for sure that 1) I've met people who didn't seem "gay" to me, but were in fact gay. And 2) I've met people who were gay and yet far more trustworthy than many allegedly straight people I know.

I think what's important is that none of this is important. What people do as consenting adults behind closed doors is not my business, and I really and truly don't want to know about it, whether they are straight, gay, or otherwise :shrug:. I just don't get how "the rest of us" have any authority to pass judgement. I suspect that the people who make the biggest stink about it are probably the ones who have some secret reason for doing so... what exactly are they compensating for?

Dave

Visceral said:
OK... I used to be for gay marraige. Then they decided that the only place in the NW you could do it is SE 501 Hawthorne. Guess where I live? SE Hawthorne. The traffic is INSANE and I cant drive like I usually do because there are helicopters and pairs of excited butch dykes everywhere. So... I have a proposition.

Let's do what the religious conservatives want. Lets create law that defines marraige like it is told EXACTLY in the Bible. Let's go over what it says so that I can get this written up into law;

A. Marriage in the United States shall consist of a union between one man and one or more women. (Gen 29:17-28; II Sam 3:2-5)

B. Marriage shall not impede a man's right to take concubines in addition to his wife or wives. (II Sam 5:13; I Kings 11:3; II Chron 11:21)

C. A marriage shall be considered valid only if the wife is a virgin. If the wife is not a virgin, she shall be executed. (Deut 22:13-21)

D. Marriage of a believer and a non-believer shall be forbidden. (Gen 24:3; Num 25:1-9; Ezra 9:12; Neh 10:30)

E. Since marriage is for life, neither this Constitution nor the constitution of any State, nor any state or federal law, shall be construed to permit divorce. (Deut 22:19; Mark 10:9)

F. If a married man dies without children, his brother shall marry the widow. If he refuses to marry his brother's widow or deliberately does not give her children, he shall pay a fine of one shoe and be otherwise punished in a manner to be determined by law. (Gen 38:6-10; Deut 25:5-10)

G. In lieu of marriage, if there are no acceptable men in your town, it is required that you get your dad drunk and have sex with him (even if he had previously offered you up as a sex toy to men young and old), tag-teaming with any sisters you may have. Of course, this rule applies only if you are female. (Gen 19:31-36)

Sound OK? After all... Homosexuality is bad because it says so in the Bible. I figured everything should then be as it says.

This is gonna be fun. I'm gonna go look for a second wife here in a bit when the f^&*ing TRAFFIC clears up and all these women in comfortable shoes get off my sidewalk.

Chris
(I didnt do all this research. Thanks to http://www.thecommongood.org/CGN/3_3/biblicalmarriage.html for the points.)

WOW, you must have one of those "new" translations, cuz my trusty old King James sure doesn't read like that.....
:shrug:

Dave-

468LC said:
The girls aren't so bad but the guys equal obnoxious.

Well thats kinda different... You can tell the sexuality of obnoxious people... AND its the sexuality of the obnoxious people that makes them a problem. Hrmmm...

I dont like to hang out with obnoxious people all day either, but I couldnt care less what they find sexually attractive. Maybe I find obnoxious straight people really annoying. The people that I KNOW are obnoxious and that I KNOW are gay are at least slightly entertaining.

Dave and I are on the same page. What gay, or straight, or fat, or 80 year old people do behind closed doors really isnt my business. Consequently I dont care who gets married or for that matter creates a civil union. It has no bearing on me, my marraige, or my family.

If conservitives want less gay sex to occur... the best way in the universe for people to happily stop having sex is to get married. "No, you cant be married, you have to go out and continue short promiscuous relationships!".... Baffling.

and oh yeah...this probably "isnt the forum for this". And I dont care enough about it to go somewhere where it is being discussed.

Visceral said:
Well thats kinda different... You can tell the sexuality of obnoxious people... AND its the sexuality of the obnoxious people that makes them a problem. Hrmmm...

I don't know what you just said little kid but you're special.;)

You guys are reading way too much into what I am saying. I don't disagree with much of anything that has been posted in here. Sure they can do whatever the hell they want just don't do it around me. That is all.

I gave a few examples of what I have to deal with daily around me.

As far as marriage, well I just don't think it is right for the same sex to be married. That is an opinion of mine and no one else has to like it.:)

Darkness said:
This is obnoxious I dont care what you guys think but if you're about to tell me that this is OK then.......you're a bunch of queers
That's pretty funny. I wouldn't call that acceptable public attire no matter what that person's sexual orientation was.

468LC said:
As far as marriage, well I just don't think it is right for the same sex to be married. That is an opinion of mine and no one else has to like it.
That's what I love about this country, you are entirely free to have your own opinion. I may disagree with you, but I do respect your right to that opinion. :flag:

Dave

you realize that just cause gay people get married doesn't mean that they will skate around in crazy outfits. The only reason that people like that are on the street is because of the national attention to the issue. If gay people were allowed to get married everywhere they would not be prancing around the streets of Portland or San Fransisco. Personally I could care less if so dude marries another dude. Its not like if they make it legal gay people are going to take over... first they took over San Fransisco, next its the West Coast...what next, the United States and then the world! lol jk As soon as the issue dies down and they let gay people get married you probably will never see two guys holding hands in Oregon again.

Did y'all see the SouthPark Episode "Southpark is Gay"?

Looking and acting gay became so cool that Mr Garrison and Mr Slave were upset that they were normal. Mr. Slave: "Jethus Critht!"

Great line:
Stan's dad: "Hey Garrison! Do these shoes make it look like I give it in the ass?"
Mr. Garrison: "No...those shoes make you look like you take it in the ass."

classic. (ok Im imature and Im proud)

chris

acegary5.jpg