This possible with a 96-98 2v?

Thank you. Like I said I think I have a factory freak. But driving the car everyday for 4 years does not hurt. In your case suspension will help, but a good tire with a stall and the right gear will get you far on an automatic. What are your mods and times? Sexy fobra by the way.

Thanks, here is what I have so far

AEM Brute Force CAI
Flowmasters
Diablo Custom Tune/91 Octane
C&L Plenum
Accufab 75mm TB
FRPP 3.73's
FMS Driveshaft
Pypes O/R X
Steeda UD Pulleys
Eibach's 1 1/2

As for the times, they are coming in soon once Famoso race strip opens back up. Suppose to go with a couple of members on the boards here.

Future mods I want to do are MM LCA's and SFC's. Also shocks and struts but don't know which brand to go with. Any recommendations? I was looking at KYB.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks, here is what I have so far

AEM Brute Force CAI
Flowmasters
Diablo Custom Tune/91 Octane
C&L Plenum
Accufab 75mm TB
FRPP 3.73's
FMS Driveshaft
Pypes O/R X
Steeda UD Pulleys
Eibach's 1 1/2

As for the times, they are coming in soon once Famoso race strip opens back up. Suppose to go with a couple of members on the boards here.

Future mods I want to do are MM LCA's and SFC's. Also shocks and struts but don't know which brand to go with. Any recommendations? I was looking at KYB.

As far as shocks go I really like the Tokico's I have installed. The adjustability allows you to set up your car for any given situation. I go to school around Baltimore where the roads are nasty, so I leave them on the soft setting for ride comfort. Or crank them up when I want to get crazy in the twistys. It just gives a nice adjustability. I've also heard good things about the KYB. THe most important thing is get a shock that matches your springs and your intended driving for the car.

As far as shocks go I really like the Tokico's I have installed. The adjustability allows you to set up your car for any given situation. I go to school around Baltimore where the roads are nasty, so I leave them on the soft setting for ride comfort. Or crank them up when I want to get crazy in the twistys. It just gives a nice adjustability. I've also heard good things about the KYB. THe most important thing is get a shock that matches your springs and your intended driving for the car.

I'm mostly going to do drag strips and where I live the roads are pretty much a straight line. I'm going to the strip soon, any idea what you think I would run?

Full coverage on a Cobra is about the same as my rent. I am only making $700-800 a month from working. I have 4k in the bank and will be getting 3.5k in 4 months. Cobra is just going to cost too much more, and modding will take too long.

I am going to buy the parts for the GT now and get the car in four months. By the time I get all the parts, I will have about 5.5k (3.5k plus what i save) saved up in four months. Then, I will get my ford friend to help me with the installation. I will be able to do all the work at once.

And the reason I am buying the parts first is because if I were to buy the GT first I would have to pay for insurance. The cobra I want is a 99^, and they are 12.5k or more. Spending 9.5k compared to 13k is saving money. Plus if I don't buy the car all at once, I would have to get a loan. That is extra money to spend monthly.

Soo the cobra is out of the question. See, I can buy a 96-98 GT for 5k. That is what I will have saved up, and that is being bought all at once.

I like the 96-98 Gt body. I like the 99 and up cobras. The Cobra is what I will buy and do a complete build with a super charger and have like 600hp. The GT is just going to have 280hp. See what I am talking about.

Just some advice. Wait to buy the car before all the parts. Things may change, and you may decide to go a different direction, and if that is the case, you will have a bunch of parts you may not need or want and you may be stuck with your old choice instead of your new choice.