Those who have had wheels delivered by UPS...

GDawg

Founding Member
Mar 22, 2002
Nevada
Those who have had wheels delivered by UPS... UPDATED W/PICS!

When they arrived did you have the driver wait while you inspected all four of them? I'm sure the driver won't be here for awhile yet so hopefully someone can tell me if it's kosher to hold the driver up.

TIA

• Sponsors (?)

I've had two sets of wheels delivered and one set of tires. I never held the driver up. When I opened up my FR500's right after delivery they were in perfect condition. Had there been an issue I would have taken pictures and called UPS right away.

I wouldn't bother holding the driver up. They can't do much if the wheels are damaged anyways, other than say sorry and tell you to call UPS. It's not like they'll take the wheels back with them. If the boxes appear to be in good shape, I'd say you've got nothing to worry about anyways.

Yep, it's an anxious feeling for sure... nothing better than opening up new wheels for the first time though... I'll never forget seeing those beautiful FR500's for the first time :drool:

Then I have to save up for my Nitto 555Rs. Right now I have Blizzaks on my stock wheels cause it's still snowing here in the Rockies and I just shredded my old F1s last December.

Brown... Brown... Brown... Brown... :crazy:

I get UPS deliveries ALL day at work.

If the box looks messed up or repackaged, check them at that time. Also look to see how many boxes he counts and make sure it's accurate before you sign.

Anything not apparent is called concealed damage and must be reported within 24 - 48 hours usually.

Enjoy the rims dude and post pics!! :nice:

I freaked the whole time waiting for mine lol I even paid extra for quicker shipping.

Usually they don't wait. They have to average sometimes seconds a stop. Nature of the job. It's pretty hard to **** up a wheel in the sort. They are heavy and usually packed well. By the size they will go through a different line(non-cons). FedEx does it this way, and I am sure UPS isn't much different.

puts a big smile on your face when you get a new set of wheels fresh out of the box. i love my FR's. actually love them so much, i believe i will be selling me VERY expensive 3 piece simmons wheels that never got mounted.

I work at a UPS, on the preload (early morning.) Over 70 lbs and objects not in cardboard, or too wide, or too long do not go on the coveyer system, and are handled by people. (Not that much better then the conveyers..) I load a local large "speed shop" I'd call them, and I get radiators, wheels, alum. cyl. heads down the conveyer all day long. I can't belive EVERYTHING isn't damaged! Like others said, if the box looks damaged, check them out. If they need a signature the driver can't leave until you sign..

if it is damaged and the driver is still there, you can refuse it. He marks it as damaged on his diad, and it gets sent back to the company without you having to do anything.

if it is damaged and the driver is still there, you can refuse it. He marks it as damaged on his diad, and it gets sent back to the company without you having to do anything.

Yep! If the damage is there and you refuse to accept the package, it's sent back with the driver and the company you purchased them from files the claim. Typically you then call the company and they send you out a replacement.

If you accept the damaged goods, then you must file a claim with UPS and then be reimbursed for the value of the goods.

They arrived and I didn't have to sign. The boxes looked fine and the wheels look great! They are lighter than I expected. Now they sit till I can afford Nitto 555Rs to put on them. Another $800.00.

Hey I have got a couple sets UPS and no probs. they are usually packed very well.

For the nittos I'm about to save you $200. Go to discounttiredirect.com

I got mine from there way cheaper than anywhere else. I just bought 2 275/35/17 and 2 315/35/17 for my wifes car for about $600 shipped. :nice: and you can get a $50 rebate still I think.

Hey I have got a couple sets UPS and no probs. they are usually packed very well.

For the nittos I'm about to save you $200. Go to discounttiredirect.com

I got mine from there way cheaper than anywhere else. I just bought 2 275/35/17 and 2 315/35/17 for my wifes car for about $600 shipped. :nice: and you can get a $50 rebate still I think.

I was thinking a 245/45-17 on the front but these front wheels are 9". What do you think? 245 or 275 on the fronts?